400 series

Jerry Borst has a Brown Out

Post by billmoody1 »

ltharley
100 series

Re: Jerry Borst has a Brown Out

Post by ltharley »

Nice work Jerry.
He he throws (or trolls) the first stone.
Dennis
MuskyAddict
200 series

Post by MuskyAddict »

I enjoyed the video too Jerry. Thanks for putting it together. Loved the trick of using a hookless crank bait to get your spoons deeper.

Ken
Ken Smith, Minnesota

"If you asked me what I thought was the most important thing we have to master in becoming a great fisherman, I'd have to say it is in our ability to "interpret" the fishing situation"
-Buck Perry
John Bales
JB2

Post by John Bales »

Very enjoyable. Sat in the house for two days and that drives me nuts when there is open water. Just too bad to be out there, till today.Brother in law came up and fished from 9 to 5. Water temps dropped from 47 to 40 with ice on one of the channels driving to the ramp. 100 crappies to 14 inches, 4 bass , two 3 pounders and 3 pike, one ten pound fatty. It was in the 20's this morning, ice in the guides till the afternoon. Great day. All fish caught spot locked and casting with the wind. No suprise the bass were a little slow. John
Jerry Borst
800 series

Post by Jerry Borst »

Thank you, glad you've enjoyed it.

In 2004 I fished this area for the 1st time, my guide friend said he used snapweights to get his "small" lures (Stickbaits and Spoons) down to the fish. I just so happened to be fresh out of weights that day, haha. Buck taught us to know what lures to use to hit every depth from 2' down to 60'. Imo Small lures in depths below 10'  (Deepwater) was and still is a game changer for every species of fish.

Good one Dennis lol! Hope to see you in October.
Hal Standish
700 series

Post by Hal Standish »

Jerry Borst wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:19 pm Thank you, glad you've enjoyed it.

In 2004 I fished this area for the 1st time, my guide friend said he used snapweights to get his "small" lures (Stickbaits and Spoons) down to the fish. I just so happened to be fresh out of weights that day, haha. Buck taught us to know what lures to use to hit every depth from 2' down to 60'. Imo Small lures in depths below 10'  (Deepwater) was and still is a game changer for every species of fish.

Good one Dennis lol! Hope to see you in October.
Love it Jerry. My work with 3-ways using small flutter spoons has been awesome, Numerous double hook-ups on Pike and Bass Thanks to you for putting me on just another great tool, By the way could you share some information about your boat set-up. Brand size motor and so on.
Thanks
Hal
Thank-You ! Buck Perry