Filet mignon catfish

A place to post topics other than spoonplugging.
site admin
Site Admin

Filet mignon catfish

Post by site admin »

Took my daughter fishing, 1/2 day at Clinton and 1/2 day at Braidwood. We caught many fish (but this is not a fishing report). I usually keep the cats from Braidwood and give them away to the shore fisherman. I enjoy doing that, as every time they bring a small panfish basket and I love the look on their face when I take them out of the livewell and tell them there going to need a bigger basket! Anyway, the only fish my daughter likes is catfish, and she wanted me to keep them so WE could eat them. I had them once last year, and don't recall that they were anything great. Well, I made them tonight for dinner. WOW! That was some of the BEST fish I've had in a long time! If I didn't clean and cook them, I would have thought it was walleye! I pan fried them with shore lunch cornmeal mix. Any future catfish from Braidwood will be going home with me!
Attachments
cat2.jpg
cat2.jpg (72.5 KiB) Viewed 21740 times
cat1.jpg
cat1.jpg (80.73 KiB) Viewed 21740 times
cats.jpg
cats.jpg (693.88 KiB) Viewed 21740 times
TN_Explorer
250 series

Re: Filet mignon catfish

Post by TN_Explorer »

Perfect size blues, Jim! Great pictures and look yummy!
John Bales
JB2

Post by John Bales »

I too like an occasional catfish, however, the last two I decided to eat when Deb was not around went into the trash. At that time I had a yellow lab and the dog didn't like it either. They might have been too big, don't know. Best fish I ever had was the Flathead Fran caught at the outing on Kentucky Lake. John
Fran Myers
JB1

Post by Fran Myers »

I remember that fish. Delicious
Fran Myers
Jerry Borst
800 series

Post by Jerry Borst »

They look delicious from the pics. I probably didn't cook them correctly cause my last experience wasn't a good one. That was before the Tragger. Fun to catch! Taking the grandkids out trolling ages 3 & 5 in June. Anyone ever fry up or smoke a small Blue?