8 years old for the forum!

A place to post topics other than spoonplugging.
site admin
Site Admin

8 years old for the forum!

Post by site admin »

Wow... does time fly! Spoonpluuger (spoonplug).net is 8 years old now!
There have been so many board software updates, I had a tech guy that's a wiz at these boards go thru and clean up and make sure everything software wise is up to date. The last update (a couple months ago) knocked out the site announcement add on. Everything is working like a brand new car again!
If anyone is experiencing any problems, please let me know!

Jim
Duplex

Re: 8 years old for the forum!

Post by Duplex »

Jim,

Thanks for the forum and all you've done to keep it up and running. It's a great site!

Jim
John Bales
JB2

Post by John Bales »

I second that motion. Great Job Jim Shell. Communication and sharing is imortant to our growth for sure. Thank You John
Steve Craig
JB2

Post by Steve Craig »

Happy 8th Birthday!

I think it is a great site, and now we even have a few more new members joining in here too.

Thanks Jim for all you do and have done to keep this thing going. I know it is a labor of love for sure.
Steve
Religion is a guy in church, thinking about fishing.
Relationship is a guy out fishing, thinking about God!
Jerry Borst
800 series

Post by Jerry Borst »

The site is a great place to talk Spoonplugging and other things, :mrgreen: You've done a fantastic job, thanks!
Fran Myers
JB1

Post by Fran Myers »

Thank You Jim,

It Is no small effort to keep this site going. Hard to believe 8 years.
Fran Myers
spnplgrkenny

Post by spnplgrkenny »

Thank you Jim, Very informative!!!!!
beckman44
700 series

Post by beckman44 »

Thanks Jim for keeping our lifeline alive and well. Bill.
TN Dave
100 series

Post by TN Dave »

Jim,

Thanks for all of the hard work with the Spoonplugger Board. For those of us who grew up in the Dark Ages, the information on the board is almost beyond comprehension. (I used to think the greatest thing in the Spoonplugging world was Buck Perry's articles in "Fishing Facts".) The Board keeps all of us up to date with simply a computer click!

TN Dave
bpatterson

Post by bpatterson »

Thanks a million for the website, Jim! Ditto to everything TN Dave and the others said too. Keep those old articles coming. We could digest one a week easily and will look forward to them. I have some of the old FF mags, but don't remember seeing the two so far. Missed some years. One question on the board. When I try to look at old photos or links, I see the red X and can no longer bring them up. Is there a way to see them? Or does it take up too much memory for the site to keep them beyond a certain length of time? One that newer members would like is the Joe Cinadr marker made from swim noodles. I've made a handful of 2 different lengths ( 1 foot and 2 foot). The only improvement I could make was to have the line come out near the top of marler. If it drifts off into deeper water it will lay down and alert you...Thanks again for keeping us together in spirit! Bill
MartyMcAvoy
200 series

Post by MartyMcAvoy »

Congratulations! 8 years!! That is Standing the Test of Time, especially for Information & Technology Fields! Take a Bow, Mr. Shell! Well Done!
Knowledge is the Key to Success! Sharing it is Part of that Success! IN~Spoonplugger.
jwt
800 series

Post by jwt »

Thanks for your effort Jim.