Structure situation ?

Basic movements,control/tools, structure,weather/water, presentation lures, lake types, mapping, mental aspects
CHAMP
700 series

Structure situation ?

Post by CHAMP »

Fished this area last sat. took 3 good bass off of this hump . This hump is a year round producer hot/cold season but usually only 2/3 bass caught. My question if any one wants to answer if you know is where do these bass go to spawn ,how do they get there ?
Screenshot 2021-12-14 075039.jpg
Screenshot 2021-12-14 075039.jpg (521.54 KiB) Viewed 12595 times
David Powell
Steve Craig
JB2

Re: Structure situation ?

Post by Steve Craig »

Ill give it a shot.
First glance says if the hump is producing like you say, then they will spawn on the east side of the Island. That little inside turn in the 'cut' , just off the main channel will hold alot of prespawn fish as the season get closer. From there, it is simple for them to follow any breaks and breaklines into the shallows.
Also, it wouldnt be that big of a stretch for them to spawn across the channel up on the flats of that big sweeping bar. The small feeders will lead them to where they want to be.
Religion is a guy in church, thinking about fishing.
Relationship is a guy out fishing, thinking about God!
Team9nine
800 series

Post by Team9nine »

I’d expect most to spawn in the coves and pockets/bays just north of there by following the main river channel and then the feeder stream cuts. Can’t tell much more because of the limited map capture.
Jerry Borst
800 series

Post by Jerry Borst »

I'm going to go with right where you caught them. Buck sez 8-10' is what they need. The 11' contour line isn't the shallowest depth on this hump. I wouldn't expect a large school on this spot due to its small size.