Lake Mille Lacs

A place to post topics other than spoonplugging.
Fran Myers
JB1

Lake Mille Lacs

Post by Fran Myers »

Morning Guys,

I just wanted to throw something out. I have taken a June 17-27 off and will be spending it at my cabin. I have plenty of room for boats, tents, and I have 4 spare rooms for people to sleep in. So if you have interest in fishing big water, please come on up.

There are also plenty of resorts around too if you dont want to impose.

There are many smaller lakes in the area too.

I wouldn't call this an outing but if a group of us get together and talk fishing…that be great.

Fran Myers
651-492-6672
myersf@comcast.net
Fran Myers
beckman44
700 series

Re: Lake Mille Lacs

Post by beckman44 »

Hi Fran; I wish I could get off work and come up. Hopefully sometime. Check out the youtube video from Tom Boley, He is from Wisconsin and is an excellent fisherman. The video is Jigging a crazy school of spring walleyes. Bill.
Jerry Borst
800 series

Post by Jerry Borst »

Fran, that's a very nice offer and thank you. However this year I'll be in Detroit at that time.
In Boley's last video he may have been fishing outside your back door.
joseph radunz
200 series

Post by joseph radunz »

Fran, if it’s alright with you, I’d love to take you up on your offer. The big pond is a fun place to fish. It would have to be a weekend day as I work Monday through Friday . Would love to come up and hang out for a day if you wouldn’t mind? Let me know....
Joe
Fran Myers
JB1

Post by Fran Myers »

Absolutely
Fran Myers
SeaMonster
250 series

Post by SeaMonster »

Fran- You have one of the nicest places on the lake, a gorgeous large lot, and what a lake!
I would love to take you up on your offer to talk fish and to fish at your place. My mid-week days off and maybe a day or two on a weekend, if that is ok. I will call you. Those were some nice smallies and walleyes we caught - and right out your backdoor.
Fran Myers
JB1

Post by Fran Myers »

Sure. Please do stop by. Call
Fran Myers
SeaMonster
250 series

Post by SeaMonster »

Wow, good times at the Myers lake home! Kelly and Fran were great hosts to a number of spoonpluggers, new and old. Fish were caught, new people were met, good food and good drinks were consumed, and the fish talk was enlightening. I was only able to be there for a three days but what a good time! My first day was fishing with Fran in his new Alumacraft while John Bales and Debbie, his lovely wife, fished in Fran's Ranger on a small lake adjacent to Mille Lacs. John and Debbie caught some nice bass, northern, and a walleye (on a drop shot no less) that made for a good fish fry. The other two days were spent on another local lake and Mille Lacs. Largemouth, smallmouth, and walleyes were caught each day. Some highlights were a northern that tried to eat Joe Radunz hooked bass, John Bales catching a huge sunfish on a swim jig, Debbie getting a 17-inch walleye on a drop shot, Tim Wagners daughter Kallie besting her dad by getting the first smallmouth in their boat, and the large number of Bald Eagles keeping an eye on us from above. Thanks again to Fran and Kellie Myers for the opening their home to us and making sure we were all treated to some great times.
joseph radunz
200 series

Post by joseph radunz »

I will second everything Scott said! What a weekend for myself- I got to hang out with old friends and make new ones all at the same time!! Fish were caught- but more importantly the spoonplugging force was was re-energized. The stories that were told and the information that was shared was unparalleled. But even more impressive was Fran and Kelly’s unabashed generosity. I’ve never met such wonderfully nice people in my life. I must extend the most heartfelt thank you to both of them.
If anyone ever gets a chance to visit them at their beautiful lake home - please take them up on their offer, it’s like an all inclusive Spoonplugger retreat on one of North America’s premier lakes.
Scott- thank you for sharing your a seat in your boat with me, I had a blast, as always.
Tim- I’m looking forward to fishing with you in the future.
Yoda- thanks for spending the time talking to me. Hope this leads to many more conversations.
Fran and Kelly- there aren’t enough words to describe my thanks to you both. You are amazing people!!
It was a good old fashioned great weekend!
John Bales
JB2

Post by John Bales »

I third all that was said by the others. Fran and Kelly laid out the red carpet and we all walked on it for several days. Great company from everyone that showed up. Ate like kings, had a few drinks and had some good chats. Deb and I went the Michigan way to stay away from Chicago and then drove across the UP to Frans. Saw a ton of future fishing water along the way. We actually saw a bear and got a pic after it went into the edge of the woods and stopped to look at us. The eagles and the loons with little baby's on their backs were another awesome sight. Mille Lacks kicked my ass for the second time but it's hard to woop a body of water that is 132,000 acres in the time we had to do it. I'll be back but will not be post spawn. The smaller lakes offered Deb and I a better chance and gave up 52 bass up to 3lbs and 35 baby pike in 3 days. All three of the smaller lakes were untouched by the weed sprayers. Too far from the big city and those with money and power. Had a great time and enjoyed some good people. Thanks Fran and Kelly for having us. Brother in law and I got 14 bass up to 4lbs and 11 pike which four of them were 35 inchers. All from 3 spot locked positions and all on the cast. Talk about fun. Thank you Fran and Kelly. John
MuskyAddict
200 series

Post by MuskyAddict »

I was able to get in on some of the fun during this trip. I drove up from the Twin Cities one day to fish with Fran. I met Fran, John and Deb for the first time. In addition to my first spoonpugging day, I was treated to breakfast, lunch and time with both Fran and John - asking questions and hearing great stories. As I recall, Deb schooled us all that day. 😂

Not only did I learn A LOT, but I was struck by the kindness, depth of knowledge, willingness to thoroughly answer all of my questions, attentiveness to detail, sharing of knowledge and overall genuine interest in making sure we were all successful.

I’m glad to hear that it was a successful and fun trip for all and I echo everyone’s sentiment regarding Fran’s hospitality. I look forward to meeting others on future SP events.

Ken
Ken Smith, Minnesota

"If you asked me what I thought was the most important thing we have to master in becoming a great fisherman, I'd have to say it is in our ability to "interpret" the fishing situation"
-Buck Perry