Night movements?

Basic movements,control/tools, structure,weather/water, presentation lures, lake types, mapping, mental aspects
Alex

Night movements?

Post by Alex »

I'm into my third season spoonplugging now. I've seemed to notice that right around this time I don't connect with the bass as much as I did earlier in the summer. I was wondering if the bass may move exclusively at night? If so, any pointers for night fishing? Is trolling still effective at night? Are the fish a bit more "spookish" at night? I've tried getting on the water right at day break and sundown, but still not much in the way of movements.

Thanks for the help and input.
Alex Bailey
DouglasBush

To Alex

Post by DouglasBush »

You asked a number of questions, I'll try to give some help. I havent fished at night in a long time, but I used to do it and it does have advantages.
The water traffic is less and you wont get hassles from bank fishermen (they wont be there)on rip rap or causeways about you "scaring the fish" with your trolling. RipRap and causeways are my favorite structure situations for night work. The problems that go with night fishing are the bastards who come to the ramps at night and vandalize your trailer, steal tires, bust open the windows in your truck and steal, etc etc. This is RAMPANT down here in the south. Also down here its wise to stay away from any trees or bushes....Cottonmouth Moccasins, you know. But if you're working the riprap or causeways, there are no trees so the moccasins arent as prevalent.

(I have had to go to 40 feet at night with plastics so there's no guarantee that they will move shallow)

Hope this helps you somewhat.
Regards, Doug Bush