More questions

Basic movements,control/tools, structure,weather/water, presentation lures, lake types, mapping, mental aspects
Woody

More questions

Post by Woody »

I plan to get the green book on Spoonplugging and I think I saw Tom Coleman's book suggested and Buck's other book on structure situations suggested also. What about the 8 volume guide that covers different parts of fishing??? The Buck Perry website that ESPN has all of this in a package for a good price. The structure situation book is not included but the rest of it is. So is the 8 volume set worth getting???? Also I know you have to find this used but what about the Don Dickson vhs and cassette tapes and booklets on structure???? Thganks, Scott Woody
Fran Myers
JB1

Re: More questions

Post by Fran Myers »

Woody wrote:I plan to get the green book on Spoonplugging and I think I saw Tom Coleman's book suggested and Buck's other book on structure situations suggested also. What about the 8 volume guide that covers different parts of fishing??? The Buck Perry website that ESPN has all of this in a package for a good price. The structure situation book is not included but the rest of it is. So is the 8 volume set worth getting???? Also I know you have to find this used but what about the Don Dickson vhs and cassette tapes and booklets on structure???? Thganks, Scott Woody
Scott,
There is no finer set of a books on fishing than the combination of Green Book and 9-volume Home Study Kit. The Green Book is your first step to better fishing. The Home Study has a lot of the same information of the Green Book, but there is an enormous amount of detail that just couldn't be put into the Green Book. If money is tight the Green Book is all you really need to get started.

I have read Tom Coleman's book. It is less educational and mostly how he got into Fishing and Spoonplugging. A nice read but not a lot of educational value.

For those of us who paid $80 for the Home Study, The ESPN deals being offered are a tremendous value.

The Don Dickson stuff is good but the series is just the Home Study shown in Lecture format. You may find them on Ebay or someone here may have a set they want to sell.

Fran
Fran Myers
jwt
800 series

Post by jwt »

Woody,
As Fran said you can't do better than the 9-volume Home Study Series plus the "green book". Grab what you can while the prices are good! Start by studying the "green book"; it encapsulates what's in the Home Study Series, and it contains all that you need to get started. Go for it!
whopper Stopper

Post by whopper Stopper »

I second that motion!

W/S
david powell

Post by david powell »

Save your money on the green book,buy the home study course,and any dickson tape you can get.
whopper Stopper

Post by whopper Stopper »

Wooooooooooooo,,,,,,,The Greenbook is THE CLASSIC!!!!!!!!!!!
MartyMcAvoy
200 series

Post by MartyMcAvoy »

GET THEM ALL! :shock: & when U have recovered shortly there after, Get Them ALL, Again :-k ...just in case of any necessities... makes a great gift for the right person, back-up in case of theft, fire, water damage, whatever. & U the Green Book is handier to take w/U everywhere U go, so studying can continue, or a reference can be checked, in the car, boat, plane, train... whenever. The Structure Situation Guides are very inexpensive, so having a couple around is quite easy & advisable. As far as Mr. Coleman's Journal or Mr.Dickson's materials, since both give all credit to Mr. Perry, any media, on the subject of Spoonplugging should be acquired, so that if one says something in way as to help us understand, that is always the direction to be headed in... There is NO Single Greater Collection of Knowledge on Fishing anywhere ... absorbing it will be a lifelong pursuit... but what else would U be doing?! Welcome to Spoonplugging, Marty. 8-)
Knowledge is the Key to Success! Sharing it is Part of that Success! IN~Spoonplugger.
Gary Schiffner

Post by Gary Schiffner »

Woody- Where are you in Alabama? I'm on the North side of Tims Ford Lake
in south Middle TN. Any time ya'll want to head this way, I'd be happy to give
ya some boat time! I ain't certified, but I can get ya started down the road!