New Spoonlugger

Introduce yourself to our online Spoonplugging community
Shep
500 series

New Spoonlugger

Post by Shep »

Hello all,

Newbie Spoonlugger here. Purchased the green book about 6 months ago and have been really digging in and studying. Just got a set of spoon plugs a few weeks back. I primarily fish for muskies and pike. Really excited to got into this new way of fishing.
JohnScheels
500 series

Re: New Spoonlugger

Post by JohnScheels »

Welcome Shep:
You're in the right place. The information available on this Forum is Encyclopedic.
I've been spoonplugging since the "70s and I still find the information posted here reinforces my spoonplugging knowledge.
When you apply that knowledge on the water you're going to be rewarded!
Have fun, John
MuskyAddict
200 series

Post by MuskyAddict »

Welcome Shep. There is a great deal of information already on this forum and plenty of spoonpluggers willing to answer questions.

Best of luck
Ken
Ken Smith, Minnesota

"If you asked me what I thought was the most important thing we have to master in becoming a great fisherman, I'd have to say it is in our ability to "interpret" the fishing situation"
-Buck Perry
Team9nine
800 series

Post by Team9nine »

Welcome! :mrgreen:
Hal Standish
700 series

Post by Hal Standish »

Shep wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 4:40 am Hello all,

Newbie Spoonlugger here. Purchased the green book about 6 months ago and have been really digging in and studying. Just got a set of spoon plugs a few weeks back. I primarily fish for muskies and pike. Really excited to got into this new way of fishing.
Before I read and study the BOOK zero Muskie caught After the book over the last 7 years 72 Muskies caught, Now I have 2 small bodies of water and one big one to hunt them I only troll for the big toothys. Pike over that period of time easily over a thousand. This years stats at the bottom in me signature. I owe it all to Buck Perry and of course time on the water

Hal
https://www.youtube.com/@halphil3586 8/15/24 .... Muskies (8) PB 47.5" Pike (442) PB 37" LM Bass (147) PB 20" These fish were Caught On 13 different lakes in St. Joseph and Kalamazoo Counties Thank-You ! Buck Perry