Focus On Fun

Basic movements,control/tools, structure,weather/water, presentation lures, lake types, mapping, mental aspects
beckman44
700 series

Focus On Fun

Post by beckman44 »

Quite often when we get on the water we are faced with things like cold fronts, boat traffic, and numerous other things. I used to let these things bother me until I changed my mind set. Now if an area I was going fish is affected by this I just use it as an oppurtunity to map and learn other areas of the lake. To me there is nothing more fun and interesting than finding something new and mapping it out. In spoonplugging we should try to learn something new on each trip out. By doing this I can`t wait until my next trip. Also put it on paper, how easy we forget !! Beckman
Jerry Borst
800 series

Post by Jerry Borst »

Those are some good points, and that's what we must do if we're fishing on a day like yesterday here in the Midwest.

We expected it to be a tough go and I won't go as far as saying we should have gone to the zoo, lol, or anything but we have had what seems like 2 weeks straight of rain and then my oldest says he wants to go fishing Sunday, oh boy... If there was ever a day to cut the lawn it was Sunday.

The sun popped out am Sat. and we woke up to mile high sky's Sunday. As expected it was extremely slow but we did manage to squeezed out a few pike, a big cat fish and at dark John caught a nice walleye. Great day to spend with my boy regardless of the weather or the slow catches!

Also on the up side, most of the lakes here are either shut down to no wake or no wake near shore, not many pleasure boats or jet skis :lol:
Attachments
John82607a.jpg
John82607a.jpg (66.58 KiB) Viewed 897 times