DEEP WATER SHALLOW WATER

Basic movements,control/tools, structure,weather/water, presentation lures, lake types, mapping, mental aspects
chuck rehak

DEEP WATER SHALLOW WATER

Post by chuck rehak »

Why did Buck state any water which extends to a depth greater than 8 to 10 feet is deep water.

Why didn't he just say, Anything over 10 feet isdeep water? WHY THE EIGHT FEET whats the reason ?

CHUCK REHAK
pat maio

Post by pat maio »

Hi chuck:
Consider the 8 to 10 ft a band of water. The fish doesn't have a depth sounder; his instinct tells him that this band of water may be as far as he wants to go shallow. One day the fish may move to 8 ft the next day he may move to 10 ft. It's all one and the same. Buck explains the change in presentation when you fish the"deep" water. Buck didn't invent this guideline the fish did. He explains it by virtue of his experience on the water.
Hope this helps...
joseph radunz
200 series

Post by joseph radunz »

I would imagine that deep water is realitve to water color. In clear lakes sometimes you can't make contact w/ fish untill you hit 25-30 feet and I know that other spoonpluggers are catching fish much shallower on the same day in lakes with better water color. Clearer lakes the cutoff would be 10 + , darker lakes 8' - Just my thoughts