Stories...your first time spoonplugging...

A place to post topics other than spoonplugging.
whopper Stopper

Re: Stories...your first time spoonplugging...

Post by whopper Stopper »

Asport, sounds like the good ol, days. Then again, I guess things really havent changed all that much over the years. I still see lots of those year,round bank beaters. They just dont know that they just dont know. Sad but true! :-k

W/S
Woody

Post by Woody »

Great stories guys!!!!!! Keep them coming!!!! I'd put mine in but I haven't done it yet. Good fishin, Woody
charlie myers

Post by charlie myers »

I first heard of spoonplugs when I was in high school. I bought a five pack and some no bo. I didn't have much money, so I decided to adapt my one rod and reel for spoonplugging. Of course, I hadn't read anything about how to use them, and just thought they were the MAGIC LURE!
My one reel was a Zebco spincast model. I spooled the no bo on it, and with great anticipation, went out on a small lake in my 10' row boat. I let out line, and then began to "troll" as I rowed along. Immediately, I felt something heavy on the end of the line, and knew it was a lunker. Needless to say, it was a ten pound mass of weeds! No bo & the Zebco weren't a good match. I threw away the line and went back to casting a rubber worms in the weeds. It wasn't until I got married, and my father in-law gave me Buck's book, that things started to make sense.
whopper Stopper

Post by whopper Stopper »

charlie, thats a good story! You still get an A for effort my man!

W/S