Depth Finder

Basic movements,control/tools, structure,weather/water, presentation lures, lake types, mapping, mental aspects
Ray

Depth Finder

Post by Ray »

There aren't many flashers on the market anymore. Alot of the fancy fish finders have a "flasher" mode to them. Are there any good ones out there that anyone would recommend?

Thanks,

Ray
SWD

Depth Finder

Post by SWD »

Ray,

I'm pretty sure the only pure flasher on the market right now is made by Vexilar. I wanted a unit that shows past 30' without turning a knob.

After checking out the LCD's with the optional flasher mode it was my opinion that they are far from a perfect substitute. I decided to go with a flasher AND a graph. To replace my old flasher (Eagle Silent Sixty-One) I bought another one on eBay for $40 in "like new" condition and kept the old unit as a spare. I put the money I saved on the flasher into an LCD graph which I also bought on eBay (Humminbird Legend...a Zercom with the name changed). This set up allows me to use the flasher or LCD graph. Using both at the same time also has some definite advantantages. Many spoonpluggers use this set up. The SS-I flasher still does a better job than “flasher mode” on the LCD graph.

Of course, Zercom flashers come up on eBay once in a while, too.

Scott