Fall Movements

Basic movements,control/tools, structure,weather/water, presentation lures, lake types, mapping, mental aspects
beckman44
700 series

Fall Movements

Post by beckman44 »

When the lakes turn over and become clearer, it is my understanding that the fish will have just one movement a day. So if the is the case and there was a movement at say 9am would that probably be the only activity to expect for that day? Also is the water more stable when the lake turns over? Thanks, Bill Beck.
John Bales
JB2

Post by John Bales »

Bill, If you have a movement at 9 am you would expect another sometime in the afternoon. Normally your movements will be down to one in the late season and it will occur between ten and two. But nothing is set in stone. If you fish often it is interesting to note what time it all takes place. You can also compare to a friend that fishes often and you will find that the times that it takes place is the same. That is correct only if both fishermen are going about things in the right manner.
It is easy to predict when there will be only one movement. You will not have much action at all in the morning. Maybe one or two but not much will happen early. Then you know it will be in the middle of the day and when it is over you can pack it up or go learn more about your lake.
Sometimes you will get a suprise and they are going as soon as you get to your best spot. Then you can plan on two movements for that day. These are good guidelines for you and I but are not stamped in stone. A change in the weather conditions will change everything.
Yes you could say that once the water reaches around 45 degrees that the water becomes more stable. Some of our best fishing for the LM bass and the muskies occurs the last two weeks before ice up. Its a shame that it does not last longer. The boys who put their boats up when a hint of frost shows up do not know what they are missing. John
beckman44
700 series

Post by beckman44 »

John; Thank you for all the advice to all my questions. I have the utmost respect for you. You would make Mr. Perry proud. Bill.
John Bales
JB2

Post by John Bales »

You fish those lakes around Madison and make me proud. They are loaded with good fish. That big one has the best population of pike and big walleye that I have seen in years. They are a piece of cake. The locals are not hurting them a bit. They are yours for the taking. Good luck. Glad to help. John