SJ, Topwater,weedless, LSD series

Looking to BUY,SELL or TRADE any of your fishing equipment? Post it here.
jiggerjohn

SJ, Topwater,weedless, LSD series

Post by jiggerjohn »

Selling a mixed bag of SJ,weedless,topwater, and very rare LSD series that Buck Perry gave me during the 70s ,from minimal fire damage in his plant. All very usable (and well used!) but with paint chips,etc from age & wear. Many have been retied by an experienced jigmaker. $89 + $6 postage for 35 lures of all sizes . E-mail memck487@aol.com JOHN
Jim Shell
Site Admin

Re: SJ, Topwater,weedless, LSD series

Post by Jim Shell »

SOLD! I was too late, but some lucky spoonplugger got the goods!
What is teh LSD series? Can you post a pic?
“The day you become selfish in your fishing is the day your fishing growth stops” – Buck Perry
https://www.youtube.com/user/spnplg1
jiggerjohn

Re: SJ, Topwater,weedless, LSD series

Post by jiggerjohn »

Hi Jim, The LSD series,I believe, stood for limit speed& depth. It was a long (up to 4") curved metal lure with the trademark spoonplug fin in the rear, and poured in its center with lead, as in the SJ series. THE LSD functioned like what some Texas bass guys are having success with these days -a heavy spoon that works extreme deep sections with a more horizontal retreive than vertical spooning -only Buck beat them to the punch by about 50 years, and with better balance and swimming motion! Also I found in surf casting that one quickly understands "limit" in terms of casting distance & how to handle hard current/wind! Good idea about the photo-I'll have to get a pic before the new owner takes control of them!

Another unknown lure that I'm throwing in extra in the package was what Buck called his "rooster jig". He showed me one of these during a visit up here, and I can still hear him saying "I like a whole lotta hook!" , because these standup jigs carried about a 6/0 heavy mustad! They were shaped like a big coin, the hook stood up at a steep angle, and Buck originally tied up in chicken feathers for dressing -hence the "rooster" name. He never sold these,but fortunately one of our club members, an expert at making custom,precision metal parts overheard our conversation and made a mold of this jighead. Next visit up, Buck was pleased and surprised at this special creation of one of his concepts. I think I possess the only other mold for these, and still pour & tie(and use!) these really cool jump lures!