Sale pending

Looking to BUY,SELL or TRADE any of your fishing equipment? Post it here.
Bink
800 series

Sale pending

Post by Bink »

Sale Pending
Thanks
Bink
Last edited by Bink on Tue May 25, 2010 3:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Spoonpluging is a good way to catch all fish but not the best way to catch any fish
derdly
200 series

Re: Ranger for sale

Post by derdly »

just curious why are you parting with the boat? I have used one before and it handled well, im confident with the boat on either small lakes or large bodies of water... lots of room to move around I was impressed. I have fished out of alot of different types of boats and it ranks high in my book. Although its hard to beat a 15 ft jon boat made by lowe!
Bink
800 series

Post by Bink »

derdly wrote:just curious why are you parting with the boat? I have used one before and it handled well, im confident with the boat on either small lakes or large bodies of water... lots of room to move around I was impressed. I have fished out of alot of different types of boats and it ranks high in my book. Although its hard to beat a 15 ft jon boat made by lowe!
I have a chance to buy the boat I learned to spoonplug in, Its the same boat just has some sentimental value.
My boat is in great shape, ready to fish, If I don't sell it, it's not a big deal but I would like to get the other one.

Bink
"Spoonpluging is a good way to catch all fish but not the best way to catch any fish
John Bales
JB2

Post by John Bales »

Bink, I will take mine to my grave..... Never fished out of a better boat for all around fishing. Works well on the small lakes and the big ones. Nothing beats a 14 ft big jon by lowe on the small lakes but you wouldnt want to go out on lake erie in one. Nothing is perfect and everyone has their ideas and what they like for their own use..... What ever floats your boat. I have had a few tell me that I cant do a good job with a boat like mine but I do ok with it. I said one time that once I am able to interpret a spot, I can make a straight line pass with an ocean liner........ John
MartyMcAvoy
200 series

Post by MartyMcAvoy »

So how about some info... Year of Boat, Trailer & Engine, Accessories that will be included...etc. &.. umm ... oh U know, Ballpark $$!
Knowledge is the Key to Success! Sharing it is Part of that Success! IN~Spoonplugger.
Bink
800 series

ranger

Post by Bink »

sale pendig
Last edited by Bink on Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
TN Dave
100 series

Post by TN Dave »

I have owned and Spoonplugged from a Ranger Fisherman since 1987. Although Mr. Perry was unmerciful in his criticism of the boat , gruffly saying, "It's just to big"; the Fisherman has served me well. [ My original Spoonplugging boat was two of the infamous 13 1/2 footers]

Even a well known Spoonplugger, whom we all know and love, looked at the Fisherman with a jaundice eye...until he spent three days piloting the boat. Then he had to have one for himself!

The boat is easy to handle and will, safely, open up waters to fish all over the country from the Great Lakes, to Florida to everything in between. Upgrade to a quality four-cycle outboard, I like a Honda 50 HP, and you are good to go for years to come. The Honda only uses about 2 1/2 to 3 gallons of gas in a fishing day which is the same amount my 1979 Evinrude 15 hp used. The four-cycle engines are very quiet. Either a 50 ro 60 HP will work well. Yamaha makes an excellent four-cycle engine.

Ranger does offer a "Reburbishing Program" should one ever need or want to repair/replace carpet, seats, etc., on the boat.

The boat is a "Best Buy".

Good Fishing,

TN Dave
spoonpluggergino
200 series

Post by spoonpluggergino »

John is right. If you have line sights you can hit a spot with an ocean liner. When I purchased my 20 foot Yar-Craft I was a litle concerned about spoonpluggin/trolling. I owned a Shell Lake boat with a 25 hp Evinrude and I tought that was made for spoonplugging, I really liked that boat. The only reason I purchased a much larger boat is because of Mille Lacs 132,000 acres and wide open. The point I am trying to make is I owned small in between and large boats, 6 different boats, not one of them will ever satisfy every fishing situation. What I have learned is in time you get to know your boat so well that you are able to control your boat much better. Even with my 20 footer I have no trouble making quick about turns and back on a return pass. Also what it helps the new technology of electronics to contrl a large motor and troll down to 1.5 miles /hour. I do like that Ranger 618T that is a good all around boat and that will handle big waters, you just have to be smart and know when to get off the big waters

Here is my ocean liner. Guys dont laugh, you can spoonplug with a big boat

Gino
spoonpluggergino
200 series

Hopefully I am able to up load my boat after resizing

spoonpluggergino
Attachments
lastscan.jpg2 [].jpg
lastscan.jpg2 [].jpg (84.55 KiB) Viewed 2698 times
spoonpluggergino
200 series

A better view of the lenght

Gino
Attachments
lastscan [].jpg
lastscan [].jpg (77.19 KiB) Viewed 2695 times
spnplgrkenny

Post by spnplgrkenny »

WOW, GREAT PICTURES SPOONPLUGGERGINO, AS FOR THE 680T RANGERS, I HAVE HAD THE PLEASURE OF FISHING IN JOHN'S RANGER AS WELL AS DAVIDS RANGER. I CAN'T SAY ENOUGH GOOD ABOUT THE 680T. IT SEEMS TO BE THE ALL AROUND ULTIMATE BOAT FOR MOST ANY WATER. OBVIOUSLY, A MAN MUST USE GOOD JUDGEMENT WITH ANY SIZE BOAT OR YOU COULD END UP IN TROUBLE.

I WAS THERE THE DAY MR. PERRY TOLD DAVID HIS BOAT WAS REALLY NICE, JUST TO BIG. I HAVE THE 15FT.TROLLER. I LOVE MY BOAT AND THE WAY IT TRACKS, HOWEVER, YOU WILL GET WET IN MY BOAT. ANOTHER THING I LOVE ABOUT MY SMALL BOAT IS YOU ARE VERY CLOSE TO THE SIDES, SO IT MAKES USING A PLUG KNOCKER, MUCH EASIER FOR ME. BUT THE RANGER JUST SEEMS TO BE AND AWESOME BOAT.
spoonpluggergino
200 series

Kenny
Here in Illinois there is quite a few guys that own the troller. I have had the pleasure to fish with my friend Jim Duplex, a very good spoonplugger, the boat is set up very nice. The 680T is hard to come by. If I could have a second boat that would be it, my wife would divorce me. There is a websight that I check once in a while and in the past I have seen a few, now they are pretty much gone. If you find one snatch it right a way, they do not last long

spoonpluggergino
Gary Schiffner

Post by Gary Schiffner »

Bink

You need to work on Kenny some, he NEEDS your boat!
esoxjunkie

Post by esoxjunkie »

You have a PM.

thanks
TN Dave
100 series

Re: Sale pending

Post by TN Dave »

Gino,

Nice boat, it is just to big!! Forgive me, I just had to say that. Seriously, a smart, intelligent choice for the waters being fished. I like to fish; but the idea is to arrive back at the launch site in one piece so that I can fish again another day.

Does the motor have power steering??

Good looking, well designed and laid out fishing boat, and you have enough power to get off the lake in a hurry.

Good Fishing,

TN Dave