Penn Peerless

Looking to BUY,SELL or TRADE any of your fishing equipment? Post it here.
beckman44
700 series

Penn Peerless

Post by beckman44 »

Does anyone know if the Penn Peerless 9 is the same reel as the 109? I have the offer to buy one from a guy at work for 25$ that he says is in near mint shape with the manual. Thanks, Bill Beck.
Fran Myers
JB1

Re: Penn Peerless

Post by Fran Myers »

The 9M is comparible to the 109. The only difference is the handle doesn't turn when you let the line out.
Fran Myers
MartyMcAvoy
200 series

Post by MartyMcAvoy »

U will also find that the 9 has a slower retrieve ratio than the 109. 3.0 - 1 :-" vs. 3.75 - 1 \:D/ , which doesn't sound like much, but makes a very notable difference. Especially if it is used for another person in the boat, like significant other or kids, will feel like they aren't getting anywhere ](*,) . But having one to teach em on ;-) , & then upgrade to something faster will make em appreciate your efforts towards them =D> ! Marty 8-)
Knowledge is the Key to Success! Sharing it is Part of that Success! IN~Spoonplugger.
Gary Schiffner

Post by Gary Schiffner »

I got a bunch of extra 109's on E-Bay cheaper than $25 each. Most have hardly been used!
beckman44
700 series

Post by beckman44 »

I just found out the reel is an original 109, not the newer 9m sold at Bucks Baits. I've tried to use the 9m, but the aluminum spool can't hold up to the larger size spoonplugs because of the torque. Bill Beck.