Another long time spoonplugger

Jim Shell
Site Admin

Another long time spoonplugger

Post by Jim Shell »

This spoonplugger left a comment on my last video. It surprises my that there are so many other long time spoonpluggers that are out there that seem to stay out of mainstream. Dennis has been spoonplugging for 50 years. In the past few weeks he has been posting videos on Youtube, check them out.
It's always nice to connect with a long time spoonplugger.
“The day you become selfish in your fishing is the day your fishing growth stops” – Buck Perry
https://www.youtube.com/user/spnplg1
Garry B
200 series

Re: Another long time spoonplugger

Post by Garry B »

Jim, thanks for posting this video of Denny. I think I could water ski behind his boat! 6+ miles per hour on the troll. It's no wonder he could not catch them on the cast after he found them trolling. I was looking at the Daiwa website the other day and saw that Daiwa has a baitcasting reel that takes in 42 inches of line per handle turn which equates to approximately 2.39 mph. Still way slower than 6mph.
John Bales
JB2

Re: Another long time spoonplugger

Post by John Bales »

This Denny guy seems like he is still excited about his fishing after a lot of years. Mr. Perry has changed a lot of fishermen's lives for the better. Its nice to see another old dude out there enjoying what he does. Thanks for the post. John