Under water humps

Basic movements,control/tools, structure,weather/water, presentation lures, lake types, mapping, mental aspects
beckman44
700 series

Under water humps

Post by beckman44 »

A question to you guys about fishing humps that are surrounded by deep water. I know that Buck says if a hump does not top off at 10 feet or less, bass would would probably not use it. I often see humps that top off at say 12 to 15 feet, and was wondering if not for bass would they be productive structures for Muskie and Pike. Thanks, Beckman44.
Jerry Borst
800 series

Post by Jerry Borst »

I think if there is a fish that uses humps more than any other it would be the walleye, we can also find muskies and pike on them at times.

Just noticed you are from Madison, if you have been fishing on Menona and asking if muskie or pike are caught on that hump, yes also walleyes.
badluck

fishing humps

Post by badluck »

the bass will use the deeper humps during the fall or during bad weather periods. [ humps deeper than 8-10'] i have caught big largemouth off of humps in 20 to 25' of water inoct, nov. and december.
david powell

Post by david powell »

Badluck,where any of these deep water humps related to any type of structure situations or a channel. [/img]
badluck

DEEP HUMPS

Post by badluck »

HI DAVID, HUMPS WERE RELATED TO DEEP WATER. MR PERRY TOLD US AT ONE OF THE OUTINGS THAT BASSWILL USE DEEP HUMPS UNDER CERTAIN CONDITIONS. MUST BE CHECKED OUT, ESPECIALLY IN THE COLDER PART OF THE SEASON.