Obsessed??????????

Basic movements,control/tools, structure,weather/water, presentation lures, lake types, mapping, mental aspects
John Bales
JB2

Obsessed??????????

Post by John Bales »

Was just talking to the wife over breakfast about playing guitar and fishing and what it takes to learn both. Deb says this......... Those who are just average do it for a hobby. The best ones are obsessed with it. You think so? John
beckman44
700 series

Re: Obsessed??????????

Post by beckman44 »

John; If every time I go in the garage and hug my boat is that considered obsessed ?
TN Dave
100 series

Post by TN Dave »

John

Sounds perfectly normal to me!!

Good Fishing
TN Dave
John Bales
JB2

Post by John Bales »

Bill, I'm afraid you might have a problem. :lol: :lol: John
TN Dave
100 series

Post by TN Dave »

Guys

Don’t rule out a bad case of “Cabin Fever”. Common occurrence this time of the year.

Good Fishing
TN Dave
Kevin Atwell

Post by Kevin Atwell »

I don't think fishing is an obsession...it's much more important than that!
Steve Craig
JB2

Post by Steve Craig »

All things in moderation.....except when it comes to fishing, hunting, kayaking, predator calling, etc., etc.,etc.
Religion is a guy in church, thinking about fishing.
Relationship is a guy out fishing, thinking about God!
MuskyAddict
200 series

Post by MuskyAddict »

Is it obsession if you can’t get back to sleep for an hour after you get up to pee in the middle of the night because your thinking about fishing? Is it obsession if you purposely bug your wife until she tells you to go away for a few hours (so you can fish)? Is it obsession if you buy multiple rod/reel combos in order to make different presentations? Is it obsession to to read an instructional book chapter or watch a video about fishing and then pull up a map of a lake on your phone and start marking spots based upon what you just learned?

.......I’m just asking for a friend. :lol:

Ken
Ken Smith, Minnesota

"If you asked me what I thought was the most important thing we have to master in becoming a great fisherman, I'd have to say it is in our ability to "interpret" the fishing situation"
-Buck Perry
Bink
800 series

Post by Bink »

My Spoonplugs mentor Eddy Shaffer was a chicago blues guitarist by trade. He fell on hard times about 10 years ago..... He calls to tell me he’s been living all winter without heat/electric (this is mid feb in northern Wisconsin) and ask if I can loan him the $$ to get the utilities turned on. We get them turned back on and I give him a call a couple days later. I asked him what the first thing he did when the utilities came back on? He said he plugged in the loudest amp he had and went outside and played his guitar as load as he could all night long.
Obsessed is a understatement
"Spoonpluging is a good way to catch all fish but not the best way to catch any fish
CHAMP
700 series

Post by CHAMP »

Hope he didn't have any neighbors close.
David Powell
Bink
800 series

Post by Bink »

CHAMP wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:10 am Hope he didn't have any neighbors close.
Champ
I’m sure you’ve had plenty on sleepless nights shooting pool
"Spoonpluging is a good way to catch all fish but not the best way to catch any fish
CHAMP
700 series

Post by CHAMP »

I have just this past sat. nite me and my son played till 5 am on sun morn. But the neighbors didn't know it.
David Powell
Bink
800 series

Post by Bink »

Wish I could play pool at a decent level. Never had the the time to put into it
John Bales
JB2

Post by John Bales »

My wife's uncle shot pool and played cards for a living. Deb and I lived two houses from each other growing up and me and her brother got in trouble together so I was over there all the time. The guys name was Charlie Voirol and he was one of the best hustlers around. He ran with a guy from Ft. Wayne called Mexican Joe. They would go out of town and when they got back, they had cigar boxes full of cash and we got to listen in the next room of all the stories they told. Deb's dad had a bar pool table and Charlie would walk in and yell at us to rack em up. He would run three or four racks, calling every shot and then just throw the stick down and walk out laughing. He had done this since he was a kid, played the two greats one night, Mosconey and Fats and took all their money and Charlie stayed up all night and they came back in the morning and cleaned his clock. I watched him many times deal cards and he would deal himself a pat hand and you could not see what he was doing. He would say now watch me this time and do it over and over and you could never see him cheat. Debs dad would run us out of there so we couldn't hear some of the stories but we could still hear them in the next room. I bought my first car from him. Forty bucks for a 61 chevy that ran like a top. That guy was a great pool player. Good memories. John
CHAMP
700 series

Post by CHAMP »

Wow played the two greats one night, Mosconey and Fats and took all their money Not many can say that.
I play decent STROKE not good enough to be really good,but we enjoy it.
Earl Strickland my fav. player .
I never have devoted very much time to it.
But have won a few local tournaments . Me and my granddaughter finished 1/2 in one and me my son has done same.
David Powell