Vintage "Fishing News" newspapers and Home Study booklets

Looking to BUY,SELL or TRADE any of your fishing equipment? Post it here.
Team9nine
800 series

Vintage "Fishing News" newspapers and Home Study booklets

Post by Team9nine »

Bill Binkelman started "Fishing News & Wisconsin Spoonplugger" newsletter as a means of selling Spoonplugs at the Boston Store in Milwaukee. It grew over the years to become Fishing Facts magazine in 1970. I have 48 of the old newspaper versions dating from 1964-1969 that I will sell for $60 TYD. These feature all the old familiar names like Spence Petros, Carl Malz, Buck, Doug Bush, Vic Saunders, Don Nichols, Tom Coleman and others.

I also have 4 extra Home Study guides as follows:

Buck Perry's Home Study - Volume 2 - Controls & Tools
Buck Perry's Home Study - Volume 3 - Structure, Breaks, Breaklines
Buck Perry's Home Study - Volume 4 - Weather & Water
Buck Perry's Home Study - Volume 6 - Lake Types

I'll sell these for $20 TYD.
If you want everything, I'll discount all to $75 TYD.
Pay via PayPal

Just reply here or message me. First come, first served.
Thanks!
IMG_7557.jpg
IMG_7557.jpg (165.2 KiB) Viewed 5316 times
John Bales
JB2

Re: Vintage "Fishing News" newspapers and Home Study booklets

Post by John Bales »

Good stuff and good reading. I have a ton of the old fishing News also. Ted Walter found them at a sale years ago. Still have them. Someone should lap that right up cause that's a good deal. First day here we have some decent temps and the wind is blowing pretty good. Took last nights snow away and I see water spots on the ice. I think we are through the worst part. John
jwt
800 series

Post by jwt »

Around last July/August I uploaded to Dropbox photocopies of Fishing News, The National Spoonplugger, and random Buck Sez articles, etc. from 1964 through 1971(88 in all) in 11 .zip files . You can find 'em in Dropbox in the Spoonplugger file.
Team9nine
800 series

Post by Team9nine »

Good resource for Spoonplugggers. I had forgotten about them. I don't have a Dropbox account, but got them from you when you first shared them. Unless you added some new ones, after sorting through and eliminating the duplicates, there were 31 Fishing News files out of the 74 total issues. Not sure how many overlap with this set. Personally, I just love handling the old papers and books, and when I came across these, I thought I would offer them for anyone that feels the same. I have two complete sets of the paper versions that I'll never get rid of.
Team9nine
800 series

Post by Team9nine »

Fishing News magazines have been sold.

I still have the extra Home Study guides listed above, any or all, if interested. Just message me.