500 spoonplug

A place to post topics other than spoonplugging.
TN_Explorer
250 series

500 spoonplug

Post by TN_Explorer »

When John Bales and Steve Craig told me to troll the 500 spoonplug all summer:

proxy-image.gif
proxy-image.gif (195.13 KiB) Viewed 4317 times
Steve Craig
JB2

Re: 500 spoonplug

Post by Steve Craig »

LOL!!!!!
Nah.....I think we both told you to LEARN to troll the first 3 sizes!
There are times, in certain lakes and certain situations, that that little 500 will do the job for you!!
Religion is a guy in church, thinking about fishing.
Relationship is a guy out fishing, thinking about God!
John Bales
JB2

Post by John Bales »

Now tell us what you learned and draw a few maps of the shallow bars you found. John
TN_Explorer
250 series

Post by TN_Explorer »

Well, it has been 5 months since the Nashville outing. I confess I backslid a few (OK, several) times, but kept trying. And kept reading. Then I realized about a month ago I had WAY too much line out. I tried trolling the small spoonplugs in the propwash and began catching stragglers. I now feel like I have learned to tie my shoes. In other words, a proud kindergartner!

I thank you all for your encouragement and for your teaching spirit. And for your patience walking me through situations that I just couldn't get into my thick head!

As far as mapping, I've drawn a couple of crude maps that look like poor copies of the charts I have. I did discover a couple of fingers that aren't on the charts and some places where the charts are just plain wrong, so I do see the value in mapping and that will be a priority to work on.

I'm blessed to be able to go out year round and I like the winter because some days I almost have the lake to myself -- so I'm looking forward to learning a lot in the next few months.

I'm also blessed by the spoonplug community and those of you I have met on this forum and in person. Thanks!