The Man

Basic movements,control/tools, structure,weather/water, presentation lures, lake types, mapping, mental aspects
John Bales
JB2

The Man

Post by John Bales »

Invited a friend to fish my lake and enjoy the day. He is out there with his son and grand daughter. I caught my bass spot locked and am in the house watching them troll. Got a 4-3 1/2-3 and one just short of 3 from one spot. Lasted about 15 minutes and it was over. Same as yesterday only fish not as big today. As I am watching these guys troll(they are good), after a couple laps around the lake, they already know the best areas to concentrate on. They had 4-5 northerns up to 34 inches already when I left them. As I watch them go around the fingers, I think of what Mr. Perry created that everyone can enjoy. Not just the catching of the fish but fishing knowledge that can be shared with family and friends and what will last for years and years.
It was funny watching them get caught in a sharp inside turn the first time around the lake. It was also satisfying when I see them standing up ,landing a fish and know exactly where they hit them. Spoonpluggers are the only group that have this kind of fishing knowledge. Nothing else compares. We are very lucky that Buck Perry came along in this world. I am not sure if anyone else would have had the mind to figure it all out. John
Hal Standish
700 series

Re: The Man

Post by Hal Standish »

John Bales wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:15 am Invited a friend to fish my lake and enjoy the day. He is out there with his son and grand daughter. I caught my bass spot locked and am in the house watching them troll. Got a 4-3 1/2-3 and one just short of 3 from one spot. Lasted about 15 minutes and it was over. Same as yesterday only fish not as big today. As I am watching these guys troll(they are good), after a couple laps around the lake, they already know the best areas to concentrate on. They had 4-5 northerns up to 34 inches already when I left them. As I watch them go around the fingers, I think of what Mr. Perry created that everyone can enjoy. Not just the catching of the fish but fishing knowledge that can be shared with family and friends and what will last for years and years.
It was funny watching them get caught in a sharp inside turn the first time around the lake. It was also satisfying when I see them standing up ,landing a fish and know exactly where they hit them. Spoonpluggers are the only group that have this kind of fishing knowledge. Nothing else compares. We are very lucky that Buck Perry came along in this world. I am not sure if anyone else would have had the mind to figure it all out. John

Thanks for sharing JB. You exemplify Mr Perry concept of " When you quit sharing you quit learning"! Thanks for all your help

Hal
Thank-You ! Buck Perry