Evinrude RIP

A place to post topics other than spoonplugging.
site admin
Site Admin

Evinrude RIP

Post by site admin »

Just heard that Evinrude (BRP) will stop making outboards and focus on their boat lines.
Very sad news. I've had my 60hp Etec for 9 seasons now and love it. Very dependable.
This is the 9th season for my rig,longest I've ever had the same boat/motor. I'm guessing within the next few years I'll be getting a new rig.
I know there are many other outboard manufacturers out there, and I know everyone has a favorite. More then likely my next boat would be a Crestliner (Vision 1600 tiller), who is owned by Brunswick, parent company of Mercury. Mercury is the only outboard I don't care for. I know several people that had mercs many years ago, and they ran like crap. But I'm sure that modern technology, they are probably all the same now, as far as reliability.
What's everyone's favorite outboard now?
CHAMP
700 series

Re: Evinrude RIP

Post by CHAMP »

I bought a new 40 merc in 2010 never had anu issues.
Bought a different boat late last year rated for a 60 so I have bought a new 60 hp merc. so far alls good. it has a 6 year warranty.
SIDENOTE A guy is coming to buy my old 40 tommorrow :razz:
David Powell
jwt
800 series

Post by jwt »

Honda 40 on a Crestliner.
Lip ripper
200 series

Post by Lip ripper »

HONDA LOVE IT.
Attachments
20171201_190916.jpg
20171201_190916.jpg (1.43 MiB) Viewed 5993 times
Steve Craig
JB2

Post by Steve Craig »

Honda for me Jim.
Im staying with them.
Had hondas now for the last 25 years or so.
All my Spray paint riggs are hondas and zero issues in over 35 years.
They just keep going.
Religion is a guy in church, thinking about fishing.
Relationship is a guy out fishing, thinking about God!
TN Dave
100 series

Post by TN Dave »

Jim,

Honda for me, also. Been running a Honda for nearly twenty years. Dead reliable and (amazingly) fuel efficient. Smooth quiet trolling.

I followed the advice of long time Spoonpluggers Charlie Ables ( back then a Honda mechanic) and John Bales.

John has gone off the reservation and runs a 4 cycle Tohatsu now.
Another outboard to consider. Routine maintenance is all I have ever done to my Honda BF 50.

Another benefit to the 4 cycle outboard is how quiet the motor runs. Less noise less fatigue on the Spoonplugger. A quiet outboard is much less irritating especially to those of us with impaired hearing. For all of you young Spoonpluggers the quiet outboard will save your hearing.

Good Fishing

TN Dave