Forum Noob.

Introduce yourself to our online Spoonplugging community
BryonS

Forum Noob.

Post by BryonS »

Good morning,

Just joined this forum, and wanted to introduce myself.

Just recently got back into catching bass, after a long hiatus.

MY granddad was a subscriber to Fishing Facts magazine, and was a huge fan of Buck Perry. I myself was a faithful reader back in the 1980's..never missed an issue, but not sure how much of it really stuck with me back then.

I recently "rediscovered" Buck's teachings, thanks to Youtube, and have begun my studies all over again. This time, it is with intention, and the wisdom of a 55 year old, and not the emotions of a 20 something. I spent many years beating the banks...not knowing what I didnt know.

I have already boated a couple of 4+ lmb this season...I live in NE Iowa...those are good fish in these parts. Studying seasonal patterns, and following Buck's guidelines are already paying dividends.

Looking forward to learning all that I can from you all on this forum. Glad to be back in the game.
Steve Craig
JB2

Re: Forum Noob.

Post by Steve Craig »

Bryon,
Welcome to the forum.
Glad you came back! Start reading all the older post, read the Green Book and the Home Study course, and then STUDY them all over again. Check out the video links here as well.
AND.......ask questions. If you dont ask, you will not know. Simple as that.
Again welcome.
Steve
Religion is a guy in church, thinking about fishing.
Relationship is a guy out fishing, thinking about God!
Sonny
200 series

Post by Sonny »

Welcome Bryon!!!
Lots of knowledge on here! Be sure to watch Don Dickson's videos. and try to locate his tapes along with Bucks material. They are invaluable!

Sonny
ltharley
100 series

Post by ltharley »

Welcome to the forum Bryon.
Your Granddad was a wise man. Fishing Facts was awesome. Wish I had kept my old issues (well honestly I have kept too many of my "old issues" , but that's a personal problem not related to magazine subscriptions). Good news is, one of our best, Brian Waldman (Team9nine), appears to have many.
I will echo what Steve Craig said and add that you should join the National. Great newsletters and important to support the future of Spoonplugging.
Practice your trolling and learn to interpret a structure, but do not forget the importance and fun of casting.
Enjoy the journey!
Dennis