Fisher lake, Three Rivers, Mi

Hal Standish
700 series

Fisher lake, Three Rivers, Mi

Post by Hal Standish »

Finally found a lake close to home that actual has some water color other than clear. help me here I'm a wee bit color blind but the best i describe it as green-yellow or yellow green. significant weed out to only 15' compared with the 20-24' I have been beating my self on for the last 18 months since I started Spoonpluging.
The results were startling 10 bass 5 pike all on the troll. My mission was to auto-chart this new body of water and search for structure. In four hours got about a third of the lake mapped, darn fish kept getting the way. Using a 400,250,100, and 700. 2/3 of the catches came on the deeper break-lines and breaks using the 100 and 700. my lakes are very moss covered and line length is always a challenge. Today was 12 hours post frontal, fast moving cold front had move through area last night. The day started out clear and cool though now humidity is on the build
I have caught lunker SM and LM bass, Pike and Muskys using SP's in the past however this was the best hooking up day i have ever had as a Spoonplugger. Thank-you Buck Perry and thank-you spoonpluggers of America///Yous guys are making America Great!
If you care to open your Navionics, Fisher lake is just a few miles North Of Three Rivers Michigan

hal
Thank-You ! Buck Perry
site admin
Site Admin

Re: Fisher lake, Three Rivers, Mi

Post by site admin »

GREAT report Hal! I enjoy all of your reports! Keep 'em coming!
Hal Standish
700 series

Post by Hal Standish »

Be safe
Hal
Last edited by Hal Standish on Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thank-You ! Buck Perry
Hal Standish
700 series

Post by Hal Standish »

Ok I will. Very rarely do I back to back my local lakes. I decided to Check out Fisher again this morning. Me wife ask last nite if I thought it was a fluke I maybe but i'll go back tomorrow and check it out. With objective of checking out the parts of the lake I did not fish yesterday. Glad I did, Thur was no fluke. Friday morning produced 16 fish in 4 hours. Fishing were striking consistently thru-out the time spent on water.
Found my 1st Midllake hump, The top of table was 4.5 to 6 fow, breaking off at 13, 17 , 21, 23 Fow into 45 on the north, 35 on the south, 25 and 27 on west and east, and also caught my first SM bass here in St. Joe, hooked 4 of them with a 500 as crisscrossed and zig zagging at 4.5 to 6mph. hooking fish and having it come out the water 65 ft behind the boat while running, was truly exciting. finding the parameters of this hump roughly 2 football fields big.
This was very exciting to say the least. Today's hook up was 6 Pike, 6 LM bass and the 4 Sm bass all in all a very nice mixed bag. Bigger fish all came from the deeper breaklines.Biggest Pike was 28' Biggest LM was 16 and biggest SM 14 I know that I have just scratched the surface of this new lake, But I will work it out and find the big boys. I did like the range in sizes of fish it tells me that previous years spawn have been successful.
Spoonplugging forever! I certainly am praying for the spoonpluggers at the Muskegon outing truly hope they have much satisfaction

Be safe
Hal
Thank-You ! Buck Perry
Team9nine
800 series

Post by Team9nine »

New lakes are so much fun to explore and try and figure out. Sounds like you have yourself a good one there. Great job!
John Bales
JB2

Post by John Bales »

Nice job Hal. My first visit to that lake was in the heat of the summer. I had been tearing the fish up on Portage, a little to the east of there. I fished it shortly after they put in the public access site and it was loaded with smallmouth, pike and good LM. If you haven't figured it out yet, I have fished almost everything in my area and your area that has an access over the last 45 years. I got to fishers for the first time and there were cars parked all over the place and they were all swimming at the access. Water color was gin clear and I said the heck with this one. A year later, my father in law went there and caught 60 pike and a bunch of bass, nothing big but lots of fish. I went there and found the same thing. Lots and lots of fish. I drove past Barton yesterday on the way home from the Muskegon outing and it used to be loaded also. By the way, for the second year in a row, hardly anyone attended this outing. It sounds like they might not have it again so I guess it just doesn't matter. Once we lose all of the outings, the newsletters and the get togethers, everyone can figure it out on their own. Keep up the good work Hal. John
Hal Standish
700 series

Post by Hal Standish »

Johm, Thanks for the insights. During the week Fisher fairly quiet, not many boats a few on the lake putting about in their pontoons I think a couple a jet ski's and one water skier. Heck I probable maid more wakes turning around on trolling passes.
Sorry to hear that the SP party numbers are dwindling. It certainly is an activity that needs group support. Life just has a way of getting in the way of folks traveling an sharing ideas.
By the way it has been about 9 days since i put a JB 1, in water searching for Mr M. Found an extreme breakline on Long Lake actually I found it on July 5 when I hooked that lil guy 37in. Though I did not interpret it correctly..Today I followed it from the beginning of the structure change ...an was not disappointed...Bang She was easily 42in did not put a tape on her wanted to her back in the water. she was so heavy and you will seeing the vid that struggled to hoist her up for a pic.. the breakline starts at 21 and goes to 28 in area about 5 feet wide. Had my first taste of what precise lure presentation is really all about. Learning these things is as much fun as making the catch...of course making the catch teaches just that.
I trust we can meet up some time this summer.

Hal
Thank-You ! Buck Perry
Steve Craig
JB2

Post by Steve Craig »

Awesome Hal!!!! Keep Em coming!
Religion is a guy in church, thinking about fishing.
Relationship is a guy out fishing, thinking about God!
ltharley
100 series

Post by ltharley »

Nice work Hal! Keep after it.
Sorry to hear about the low turnout on the outings. It is tough to make the travel and time commitment for most of us.
Dennis
Hal Standish
700 series

Post by Hal Standish »

Just an update on the lake called Fisher. Since July 11th I have place Fisher on my weekly circuit never fishing the same lake two days in row.
Fisher has been very good to me in the 7 short trips i have made in the last month. approaching 140 fish in those 7 four hour trips. Pike and LM about 50/50 and SM 10 fish. A very good body of water to spoon plug. Size of varys from straggler to adults. The biggest pike being 36' biggest LM 18" and the biggest Smallie 15"
Thank-you guys and of Course Thank-you Buck Perry

hal
Thank-You ! Buck Perry
Sonny
200 series

Post by Sonny »

Nice job Hal! I haven't been out as much as i wanted due to much needed improvements around the house, but glad to see you are doing well!

Sonny
John Bales
JB2

Post by John Bales »

Hal, It's a good thing you don't keep fish. Your an animal. Keep em coming. John
Hal Standish
700 series

Post by Hal Standish »

John Bales wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:06 am Hal, It's a good thing you don't keep fish. Your an animal. Keep em coming. John
12 more today on Fisher 8 LM and 4 Pike quit on those productive structure early and went looking for some new structure on Fisher. Tied on JB1 and went mapping deep Break lines ..No Pike but did hook a a 16" LM in 30fow just above the Thermocline down about 23' a perfect Hook and release the JB1 got him to take I reeled him in and he stooped to smile for the video cam and was gone! Perfect right back where he was going and did not have use the pliers. Ha!

Hal
Thank-You ! Buck Perry