Florida fishing with Don & Donnie!!!

Steve Craig
JB2

Florida fishing with Don & Donnie!!!

Post by Steve Craig »

Religion is a guy in church, thinking about fishing.
Relationship is a guy out fishing, thinking about God!
John Bales
JB2

Re: Florida fishing with Don & Donnie!!!

Post by John Bales »

Markers buried and no net. He's not much different than the rest of us. Spoonplugging does work. Love those Florida lakes. John
ltharley
100 series

Post by ltharley »

Steve, thanks for posting.
John, got that right. I tossed a marker last time out and forgot to undo the lead around the marker. It just drifted along with the boat. Had to laugh at myself.
Dennis
John Bales
JB2

Post by John Bales »

I find it hard to throw markers with the traffic these days. I just try and get a shoreline sighting and if I don't get it right the first time, I keep moving the mark till we get it right. Just work on one finger at a time. Just got off of my lake and made a couple laps. One of my passes I have a sighting that tells me when to start turning out and what to head towards after that turn. Never thought of using sights like that till I had a discussion with Terry and he brought that up so I started doing it. Works really good and after you make that pass a thousand times , you never forget it till the guy moves it or something changes. We use a bunch of line sights on my lake to spot lock. Brett came over before John Z outing and we caught 20 off of one anchoring position. That sure didn't work out this afternoon but got 6 northern hits and caught a couple. Got the boat wet, caught a couple of fish and got it out of my system. Most of the lakes around me are crazy speed boat lakes and my lake is 10 mph. No speed boats, no jet ski's and very low key and peaceful. I stay home on the holidays. John
Steve Craig
JB2

Post by Steve Craig »

John
Know what you mean. I learned the rifle sight system of when to turn out or in from Tommy Ferencek way back. There is a big hump on Lake Harris with a 13 foot breakline that has 3 such areas on it. if you dont start your turn when you line up, you cant hit the 'spot" on the breakline. I showed this to Steve Parker several years ago the last time I fished Florida. Works every time.
Ive got a bunch of them set down on parer out hrre as well.

Too many skiers and lake lice for me too on the weekends and holidays. Dang fire has us about shut town out here. They are getting it under control, now, but it has been a long dry spell for me.

Hey ....thanks for the great lures. They are much appreciated!
Steve
John Bales
JB2

Post by John Bales »

Your welcome and thank you!!!!!! John
Duplex

Post by Duplex »

What's with the dumbbell markers?!!

IMHO: You only use them when you have someone else in the boat to roll them up. What a pain!

Don needs to get the square ones.

Jim
Sonny
200 series

Post by Sonny »

If it ain't broke................ :lol:

Sonny
Steve Craig
JB2

Post by Steve Craig »

Heres a 9 pounder Dons Daughter In Law caught a couple days ago!

John Bales
JB2

Post by John Bales »

Great fish who ever caught it. Bigger than anything I ever caught. My timing has never been good when going to Florida and some of that time was spent learning what to do. My last trip was the one that taught me the most. Just maybe will find the time to go back some day. What a fish. John
Steve Craig
JB2

Post by Steve Craig »

John,
This is Tiffany, Dons Daughter in Law and Donnies wife. Seems like the women always are the lucky one! LOL. Ive only taken 3 over 9 pounds, and cant seem to crack that 10 pound mark. They are out here. I am just not at the right place, at the right time, fishing in the right manner I guess!
Sonny
200 series

Post by Sonny »

Nice fish!!

Sonny