enough already!!

A place to post topics other than spoonplugging.
site admin
Site Admin

enough already!!

Post by site admin »

When is this winter going to end?!
Around here one of the cooling lakes opens this Friday. Was thinking of going, but the forecast this weekend is single digit highs!
guess I'll be drilling some more holes in the ice....
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (156.54 KiB) Viewed 4707 times
Steve Craig
JB2

Re: enough already!!

Post by Steve Craig »

LOL!
Dont feel left out!
Here in AZ, we are experiencing one of our wettest and coldest on record.
Just had record breaking snowfall all the way down in elevation to below 3000 feet!
At my house on Thursday and Friday last week, we got 13 inches of snow!
Cottonwood, Sedona, Prescott, and Flagstaff all broke snowfall records.
Flag, downtown, got 35 inches in 2 days.
The one thing you all have that we dont is snowplows! Mostly never need them.
Here in Cottonwood, at 3500 feet elevation, we will normally get a couple inches of snow a year, and like last year none.
We do need the moisture though, as Roosevelt got down to 30% full in November, and is now 50% full, so all this melting snow is filling her up. Lake Powell and Lake Mead were at critical low water levels.
Temps are running in the high teens to low 20's at night, but we do warm up in the day to around 45 to 50, so the snow is going fast.
Going to be a late spawn this year for sure.
So looking forward to fishing, but I have been sidelined due to my bout with Food Poisoning, and the after effects. Still not 100%, but close.
Oh well, at least im not back there!!!!!
Religion is a guy in church, thinking about fishing.
Relationship is a guy out fishing, thinking about God!
yaaintdeadyet
250 series

Post by yaaintdeadyet »

Down south of you here in Mesa Steve I can see snow on the Superstitions from my front porch. There was snow on the highway leading into Canyon Lake. As well as snow on the bank. Today is the first time the front door has stayed open for more than 5 minutes. There's one aspect of our temps in the teens, 113°-119°, we don't contend with from those in the mid west. We don't shovel heat!

I get the laid up angle. I couldn't climb into the boat for close to 4 years. Getting out would have been easy. Always unsteady to the point I was ready to flop overboard with each attempt. Even fishing on the bank was precarious. The concern was these disintegrating hips. The left was replaced last May, right earlier this month. Looking forward to early fall
Ya say life's tough, ya say ya got life figured out. Well, Ya aint dead yet.
Neil Toland
200 series

Post by Neil Toland »

Iowa is no better. Usually on the river before now. And, someone came up with the idea of piling a winters worth of snow on the boat ramp - so it's pretty well blocked with a glacier right now.
Team9nine
800 series

Post by Team9nine »

Patience guys - It is still FEBRUARY...often the coldest month of the year for us :mrgreen: Before global warming, we NEVER expected to hit open water until mid March around here. February was boat show month. Yes, it happened once or twice a decade, but I think we've been spoiled a bit these past few winters.
Sonny
200 series

Post by Sonny »

We had record snow in February, more last night, and more this weekend! 20 below on Sat. or Sun. Highs in the single digits! This supposed to be March. Temps in the 30's for normal. So much for global warming. LOL

Sonny
Bink
800 series

Post by Bink »

I planed on going Friday but don’t think I’m that tough.
"Spoonpluging is a good way to catch all fish but not the best way to catch any fish
ltharley
100 series

Post by ltharley »

Bink wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:10 pm I planed on going Friday but don’t think I’m that tough.
Bink, does Braidwood open on March 1st?
Dennis
site admin
Site Admin

Post by site admin »

Braidwood: March 1st
LaSalle: March 15th
heidecke: April 1st
Bink
800 series

Post by Bink »

ltharley wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:44 am [quote=Bink post_id=14216 time=<a href="tel:1551291034">1551291034</a> user_id=416]
I planed on going Friday but don’t think I’m that tough.
Bink, does Braidwood open on March 1st?
Dennis
[/quote]
Yes always March 1st. I’m still debating on going, tomorrow’s forecast isn’t to bad. Just wish my boat was a little more prepared. Might just go fish from shore for a couple hours
"Spoonpluging is a good way to catch all fish but not the best way to catch any fish
ltharley
100 series

Post by ltharley »

site admin wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:31 am Braidwood: March 1st
LaSalle: March 15th
heidecke: April 1st
Thanks Jim,
Dennis