Cold Front Movements of the fish

Basic movements,control/tools, structure,weather/water, presentation lures, lake types, mapping, mental aspects
Hal Standish
700 series

Cold Front Movements of the fish

Post by Hal Standish »

Currently I'M studying vol 4 Weather and water.
As a cold front approaches the question I have is at what point do fish initiate the movement for stabilized sanctuary water and depth conditions if available. Before or during the frontal conditions? And is knowing the when even important. Just knowing they do move to the deep water important enough.
Thanks
Hal
Thank-You ! Buck Perry
Sonny
200 series

Re: Cold Front Movements of the fish

Post by Sonny »

My thoughts are to let the fish give you the answer. If i recall, Buck never figured out exactly which spectrum in the upper atmosphere caused the movement, but to be aware that it does take place and adjust accordingly. I'm sure the answer is in the book, or maybe give Don a shout.
Hope this helps. WWYP

Sonny
Steve Craig
JB2

Re: Cold Front Movements of the fish

Post by Steve Craig »

Hal,
Just saw this. Buck always said that it was a light condition, or the absence of a frequency of light.
Some have said temperatures, barometer rising/falling,etc.
But for you and I, all we need to know is that after that warm front moves out, and the leading edge of the cold front Moves in, fishing TENDS to be tougher. But it all depends on how severe the CHANGE is. Fish take a while to handle that CHANGE.
Religion is a guy in church, thinking about fishing.
Relationship is a guy out fishing, thinking about God!