Ice

A place to post topics other than spoonplugging.
John Bales
JB2

Ice

Post by John Bales »

We are several weeks ahead of schedule for ice up but............ opened up the blinds yesterday to see about 100 ft of ice on my shoreline. The lake I live on has extensive shallow flats so it is the first to freeze. In a few days it will warm a bit and can still fish about anywhere. Might have to fish some of the deep clear ones but will do what ever it takes to keep it going. Have a friend coming in the morning bringing his boat to get some work done with my marina guy. If the roads allow him to get here we will give something a shot tomorrow. I can handle the cold and a little snow but don't care for pulling a boat in a snow storm or icy roads. This time of year is so much fun. You are almost always by yourself and still a chance to make a good catch. It is mostly about the catching but peace and quiet and the beauty of mother nature is quite amazing. You have to take it all in. Love it. John
ltharley
100 series

Re: Ice

Post by ltharley »

I was out on Lake Geneva here in Wisconsin a couple days ago. Great time of year. Me and three other boats in a 5000 plus acre lake. Couldn't find'em but nice time to map.
Dennis
charliesm48

Re: Ice

Post by charliesm48 »

I was out awhile today. Filled the boat.....with snow. Hopefully we get a reprieve with the cold or my season will be done soon.

Charlie