New from Tampa Florida

Introduce yourself to our online Spoonplugging community
DRflorida

New from Tampa Florida

Post by DRflorida »

Hello everyone. Thank you for accepting me into your group. I learned of Spoonpluging when my friend "70" loaned me his book, three days later I ordered my own copy, purchased spoonplugs,line, trolling rod and studied. He and I have gone out once on Lake Tarpon. He caught one bass and had two others on, I concentrated mostly maneuvering the canoe with trolling motor.
I moved here from Wisconsin in the early 80's. There we fished Walleye on structure. But, the lakes here are not like there, so I mostly saltwater fished. Now being in mid fifties and looking to retire, I am setting myself up for traveling more which would of course include freshwater fishing, hence, need to learn how to fish.
I do want to thank Steve Craig already who gave me some pointers a week back via email.
Dennis
ltharley
100 series

Re: New from Tampa Florida

Post by ltharley »

Welcome to the forum Dennis. You’re in the right place and information from Steve is golden. I’d suggest looking back at older posts in the various areas. Great info.
I would also encourage you to join the national Spoonplugger group. Newsletters are filled with detailed advice from experienced guys.
Dennis