Dallas Texas area

Introduce yourself to our online Spoonplugging community
chadyp

Dallas Texas area

Post by chadyp »

Just getting started learning. Have the rod, line, lures and green book. Already figured out need a tiller boat. Live in dallas area.
ltharley
100 series

Re: Dallas Texas area

Post by ltharley »

Welcome to the forum Chady
Steve Craig
JB2

Post by Steve Craig »

Chad,
Welcome to the board!
Study the material, then study it again, then again.
Then get you the right boat and go out and put your study into action ON THE WATER.

There used to be alot of Spoonpluggers in the Dallas area.
Join the National Spoonpluggers of America and you can get the addresses and Phone numbers of any that are still in your area.
Find an experienced Spoonplugger and go out with him, and it will take Light Years off your learning curve.
Steve
Religion is a guy in church, thinking about fishing.
Relationship is a guy out fishing, thinking about God!
jwt
800 series

Post by jwt »

Chady welcome to the forum. What lakes are you fishing in the Dallas area? You might try to reach Bob(B.V.) Rives who is on this forum. He used to live in Garland but now lives in Idabel, OK, is an experienced spoonplugger, and a good teacher. We fished Grapevine, Ray Hubbard, Lavon, Lewisville, Whitney, Bridgeport, Tawakoni, etc. Ray Roberts and Joe Pool didn't exist back then. Since being forced to move from the Great State of TX, i.e. "Life's too short not to live it as a Texan", when visiting my daughters in the Dallas area he met me at Tawakoni(Kenny's Landing, east side of the 276 bridge) so I could fish with him. Look him up on Anywho.

Here's a link to Navionics lake maps. https://webapp.navionics.com/?lang=en#b ... yodaEphzfQ
bvrives

Post by bvrives »

Hi new spoonplugger, I will be at Ray Hubbard this summer. How can I call you?? Bob.
Steve Craig
JB2

Post by Steve Craig »

Hey Bob!
Where you been hiding!
Good to see you back here!
Steve
Religion is a guy in church, thinking about fishing.
Relationship is a guy out fishing, thinking about God!
bobrives

Post by bobrives »

Just getting OLD I was a member of the Dallas SP when it had over 100. Bob.
jwt
800 series

Post by jwt »

Hi Bob. Good to see you back on the forum. I've been in Rowlett this past week. Are you back on the Dallas area or still in Idabel? Did you get the message I sent to you through the forum?
bvrives

Post by bvrives »

I still live in Idabel. I will try to make a few fishing trips to lake Cypress Springs,Tawakoni and Ray Hubbard. Bob
chadyp

Post by chadyp »

I would love to go fishing with anyone in the dallas area. You can reach me at 512-557-6705. I am just getting started at this. I have been fishing for bass for long time and never had consistency. Now I fish to enjoy catching fish regardless of species. I have the wrong boat but will probably take me a couple years to get the correct one as I bout this boat last year. have to make do with what I have. I have got the rod, a reel, line and bunch of spoonplugs. I have read the green book multiple times. I have ordered the study guide. I usually fish Lewisville as my boat is stored near it.
BenJAMMIN

Post by BenJAMMIN »

Chad,
Ben here, I'm new to spoonplugging as well and trying to absorb all the knowledge I can. I finally have a 14ft boat with a tiller, spoon plugs and 2 trolling rods from bucks baits. I've seen every youtube Jim Shell (workshop series was great) and Don Dickson has put out, read the green book, working on the study guide and I can finally get out there and apply it. I live in Fort Worth and would love for us to go fishing some time!
My cell is 432-664-0229,
Ben Hirth