The Walk TV

A place to post topics other than spoonplugging.
site admin
Site Admin

The Walk TV

Post by site admin »

I'm looking into airing the 2nd season of Structure Fishing on an outlet called The Walk TV. According to their website, they broadcast around the country, I believe only over the air signal only? I have over the air and don't get them in my area. Below link is a listing of their affiliates and the stations they air. If your area is listed can you let me know if you receive this station?
Thanks! Jim
http://thewalktv.wordpress.com/affiliates-2/
Consigliere

Re: The Walk TV

Post by Consigliere »

Jim,

I can't help you with the availability of this channel but was curious if you have ever considered making the show available to the public through a streaming device like a Roku? I believe it is quite easy to create your own channel, however I'm not sure of the cost/details on hosting the content and streaming to users. I would have to believe it is significantly cheaper than TV.

I believe this type of viewing will be the future for a large portion of viewers as cable and satellite companies continue to operate with their head in the sand, raising prices for lower service levels and making you constantly leverage new offers to save money as an existing customer. I've gone away from cable completely for half a year and will never go back. It takes a bit more effort upfront and a bit of know-how but streaming content is far and away superior to cable/satellite. I watch what I want, when I want and how I want at a fraction of the cost now and even get better live sports than I did with cable. I'll be saving over 1500 a year from my cable days and get more content than I ever did.
Steve Craig
JB2

Post by Steve Craig »

Jim,
I can get all of these, but only on my 5th Wheel trailer TV antenna, that picks up the open air free digital signal.
Flagstaff is only an hour away from me and Camp Verde is 14 miles away. Used to watch these two before we had cable years ago.
Lake Havasu is a HUGE fishing/tourism/boating town right on the Colorado River.You would do well there.
Phoenix(the armpit of the state) has many lakes around it and of course is now the 5th largest city in the country.
The open air digital free tv is starting to boom right now in this area, due to the high cable/Satellite rates.
Should be a good deal for the show here.

Phoenix-Prescott Flagstaff AZ K42IQ-D 42
Phoenix-Prescott Lake Havasu City AZ KLHU 45
Phoenix-Prescott Lake Havasu City AZ K27EC 27
Phoenix-Prescott Lake Havasu City AZ K65FI 65
Phoenix-Prescott Camp Verde AZ K18DD 18
Phoenix-Prescott Phoenix AZ KPDF 41.4
Religion is a guy in church, thinking about fishing.
Relationship is a guy out fishing, thinking about God!
site admin
Site Admin

Post by site admin »

Consigliere... Funny you mentioned the Roku. This morning I noticed that Walk TV broadcasts on Roku. I ordered a Roku early today!! Maybe it is more popular than i thought! I will investigate getting my own channel. I believe Lidner has a channel, not sure what other shows do, but I'll find out.

Steve... Thanks for checking! Glad you get the channels in your area. I have OTA antenna, but can't get them in Chicago area. The price to air the show is VERY good! I'm planning on getting air time for the first quarter of 2015 (the first 13 Saturdays of the year). I agree that more and more people are dropping sat/cable and going with over the air (OTA).

If others can check and let me know if it's available in their area, I'd like to know!

Thanks
Consigliere

Post by Consigliere »

Jim...Roku is great, I have 2 of them. I liken them to Android phones....out of the box they aren't as functional as an iPhone but with some effort and knowledge they can be much more powerful.

Linder does have a channel which is pretty good. There are a couple others I have found with fishing shows but I have since gotten rid of them because the content is pretty weak.

If you would like info on how to make it a really powerful streaming tool beyond Netflix, Hulu etc send me a PM and I can tell you what I have setup. Pairing it up with a PC unlocks an unbelievable amount of content.