So...

A place to post topics other than spoonplugging.
Fran Myers
JB1

So...

Post by Fran Myers »

In planning my trip to Africa, my companion has suggested other future trips. Zimbabwe Bass, Goliath TigerFish in Central Democratic of Africa, and Nile Perch in Egypt. One of the trips is pretty serious with the potential of death so when I saw this photo, it really hit home.

I don't know what kind of fish it is but I'm ready to go...caption is funny too.

Go Wild!
Good Luck to All
Attachments
Goliath Tigerfish?
Goliath Tigerfish?
image.jpg (76.56 KiB) Viewed 2383 times
Fran Myers
Team9nine
800 series

Re: So...

Post by Team9nine »

I'm thinking Bales needs to start working on the new JB3+ version for you before that trip :mrgreen: I don't think a 1 or a 2 will cut it...

A fishing trip with the potential for death :shock: - no fish is worth that to me, but hope the heck you enjoy yourself if you decide to risk it.

-Brian
Fran Myers
JB1

Post by Fran Myers »

So I did get the official word...that is a MEDIUM size Goliath Tigerfish.

I'm not exactly sure where the danger comes, it's just what he said. There is a story of a gilley getting dragged off by one after incorrectly gaffing the 100+ pound monster, never to be seen again...

After it take 3 days to get to Africa, there is 6 more days of travel to the river. Then if it rains you're stuck on site until road drys. I guess they stuck for more than 3 weeks...different kind of world over there.
Fran Myers
MartyMcAvoy
200 series

Post by MartyMcAvoy »

Have a Great Trip Fran! & if U haven't been watching Shark Week on Discover Channel... Stay in the FreshWater!! They Apparently have a Man-Eating Great White that exceeds 35'! & a Megaladon that is over 60'! :shock: lol!
Knowledge is the Key to Success! Sharing it is Part of that Success! IN~Spoonplugger.