Muscle Car

A place to post topics other than spoonplugging.
Fran Myers
JB1

Re: Muscle Car

Post by Fran Myers »

I actually started there. A lot to like. Modern metal, thicker, better corrosion resistance. However there is no free lunch. The fit isn't great and the body work required to make up differences can get significant. When you combine that with the lack of manufactures VIN (makes the title licensing a bit of a challenge). Instead of a 1967 fastback you have a kit car.

If you took a budget of $65000 and bought a 15000 project car, controlled your costs you could potentially have a car worth more than what you paid. When you take a dynacorn body, with the same budget with a kit car title, you will not have the same opportunity.

Look at the Shelby Cobra's. Buy an original for 250,000-6million, or a continuation Cobra for 130.000, or a kit for about 30.000 depending on engine. The originals will just get more valueable. Continuations will eventually get much more value. However buy a kit, even with an aluminum or carbon fiber body, a monster 427 engine, and you'll still have kit. Value may go up but if you go too crazy in the build you won't have a car worth the cost you put in it. I spent a lot of time looking a Cobras.

I think the Dynacorn bodies are great. They have 69 Camaro and Barracuda/Challenger shells too. Shop I'm using is a dynacorn dealer and if we need to we'll use their parts gladly. But having a fastback based on a complete shell, no VIN except kit car, you could wind up losing value and being able to maintain value is about best you can do right now. When even the completely rusted out body's disappear that may change. I thought about getting an accident late 90's early 2000's mustang and putting dynacorn shell on it. I would have eventually done that but I found something I can work with.
Fran Myers