Buck Talks Fishing August 1977

Articles, writings and words of wisdom from Mr. Perry
site admin
Site Admin

Buck Talks Fishing August 1977

Post by site admin »

What to do when you must fish deep water.

I did not read this yet, but based on the title, i'm sure it's great!

Someone please post a follow up after reading....
Attachments
August 1977.pdf
(1.55 MiB) Downloaded 522 times
Steve Craig
JB2

Re: Buck Talks Fishing August 1977

Post by Steve Craig »

All good articles JIm. I remember reading them all. I still have each and everyone Buck wrote for FF.
thanks for posting them here as i dont know how to do that.
Religion is a guy in church, thinking about fishing.
Relationship is a guy out fishing, thinking about God!
TN Dave
100 series

Post by TN Dave »

Jim,

A BIG THANK YOU for posting the Original "Fishing Fact" articles by Mr. Perry. I, too, lost my copies over the years.

The "Fishing Facts" articles are some of the best writings by Mr. Perry. Never thought I would be able to read them again. The articles are the reason a lot of us are Spoonpluggers today..."Fishing Facts" introduced Buck Perry to us!!

I still remember thinking, after reading the first Spoonplugging article, "Who is Buck Perry??" Thankfully, I found out.

Thanks again,

TN Dave
Kevin McClure

Post by Kevin McClure »

Jim, Thanks for posting this. What an excellent article. One of the things that really caught my eye was when Mr. Perry, referring to one of the sturctures, talked about catching straglers at 25 ft. If you were fishing the shallows like so many fisherman do, at this particular lake and time you would have been lucky to run into them that shallow. The larger fish dropped deeper than the 30 to 35 ft they were being caught at when there was a movement but they caught straglers at the 25 ft area off and on all day. I bet there was a lot of, "The fish aren't biting!" talk if you were fishing the shoreline.
I also liked the part of the article where Mr. Perry talked about working the structure all day but casting to the contact point frequently to see if there was a movement. It reminds you of how much time, effort and preparation is involved to be ready for the short period when the fish move. Thanks again. Kevin
linksluvr
400 series

Post by linksluvr »

Jim, have you posted any more of these articles that I might have missed?

Pat
Patrick Thielke
Kevin McClure

Post by Kevin McClure »

Pat, You can find a whole bunch of Mr. Perry's articles on the left hand side in the menu under "Buck Sez." Kevin
linksluvr
400 series

Post by linksluvr »

Oops, my bad--Thanks
Patrick Thielke
Kevin McClure

Post by Kevin McClure »

Pat, Your welcome. It took me a little while to figure out this forum because there's so much good stuff/information that you can review. If I'm not reviewing old posts I just click on: View New Posts, in the upper right hand corner to see what's new. Kevin