More on Depth finders

Basic movements,control/tools, structure,weather/water, presentation lures, lake types, mapping, mental aspects
Steve Craig
JB2

More on Depth finders

Post by Steve Craig »

Here are some interesting DSI images from Lake Pleasent here in AZ.
Pleasent is a deep clear Highland/Canyon type reservoir.
Water clarity is right at 27-30 feet. You can see a quarter in 20 feet of water real easy.
An acquaintance sent these.

In the first pic is a DSI image of a ridge that runs out to about 20 feet of water and drops off into 57 feet at the base breakline. The trees are topping out at 40 feet or so. In this pic you can see those white dots. They are fish and show up very, very well. On the left side is a huge school of fish in a tree top. But what kind of fish are they?

This is the problem with all depth finders and looking at fish. you just dont know what kind you are looking at until you get a lure down there and catch one!
In this case, all these happen to be CARP! A camera reveils what they are.

This pic is a little farther down the breakline and also shows some fish on the breakline.

In this case, they happen to be a school of Stripers. I just thought you guys might like to see what can be seen and how crisp and clear the newer Depth finders are.
Religion is a guy in church, thinking about fishing.
Relationship is a guy out fishing, thinking about God!
Steve Craig
JB2

Re: More on Depth finders

Post by Steve Craig »

Here is another pic using Down Scan Imaging. This one is the Old Lake Pleasent Dam .
I saw another video of Buck filming the construction area of the new Dam before it was filled. Kinda cool pics.
Deonn

Post by Deonn »

WOW!! Some very nice shots!
Fran Myers
JB1

Post by Fran Myers »

Steve, did you take the screen shots? If not, you can.

Because you have the Elite 5 you have a card slot. Those with the 5x I'm not sure if you have one or not.

This is the tip I found on http://www.hightechfishing.com:

Taking screenshots with the Lowrance Elite models is easy. You must have a blank micro SD card in the card slot and press the power button first and then the zoom in button. This captures the display as a photo to the micro SD card.

This should allow you to gent your own shots. Let me know if it works.
Fran Myers
Steve Craig
JB2

Post by Steve Craig »

Like I said above, I didnt take the shots. I believe these were taken with an Elete unit, but I am not sure.
I figured our resident "Tail Hooking King", Mr Duplex, would be jumping at the chance to get out here and go to work on that big school of Carp! :mrgreen:

Next time out on the water, I will give it a shot on trying to take a screen shot. Thanks for the tip.
These also go to show you that the Elete will work at extreme depths. The Dam is in over 340 feet of water at the base.
Steve
charlie myers

Post by charlie myers »

Steve,

Great shots. It's amazing where technology is taking us. Even though my Hummingbird isn't that old, it's causing me to consider. Now, if I can get my wife to see the need........

Charlie
Steve Craig
JB2

Post by Steve Craig »

There is another interesting thing from that first shot....
Notice that ALL the fish are using the tops of those trees as their BOTTOM of the lake as they move across to the ridge/point. And also, all those suspended fish are still relating in one way or another to the breaklines present, be they the top breakline, or the tree top breakline.

Just like Buck says!
Duplex

Post by Duplex »

Steve,

I'm all over those carp!

Here's an interview with Al Lindner that relates to what you see on your depth finder and what's actually down there. It's interesting.

Jim
Attachments
4.jpg
4.jpg (167.53 KiB) Viewed 1554 times
3.jpg
3.jpg (169.48 KiB) Viewed 1554 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (188.96 KiB) Viewed 1554 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (177.9 KiB) Viewed 1554 times