Bumblebee

Looking to BUY,SELL or TRADE any of your fishing equipment? Post it here.
Bink
800 series

Bumblebee

Post by Bink »

"Spoonpluging is a good way to catch all fish but not the best way to catch any fish
Fran Myers
JB1

Re: Bumblebee

Post by Fran Myers »

Anybody know how these things handle big water?
Fran Myers
GDS

Post by GDS »

There was a Spoonplugging husband and wife at last falls Chicamauga outing in Chattanooga that had one.
Can't remember there name, but I think they were from Ohio, around Cinnci? They had a truck camper and the Bumble Bee. Kenny or Wayne may remember who they were.

Bumble Bee's were made by me here in Tullahoma, TN. I have only seen one like the CL listing on the lakes around here.
There are a ton of there Bass boats around here still, pretty good boats! Bumble Bee has since been bought out by Phoenix Boats with there "Bee Line" boats.
TN Dave
100 series

Post by TN Dave »

Fran,

If I remember correctly, the only Bumble Bee boat owned by a Spoonplugger was Alan Bales. There may have been one other Bumblee Boat, can not recall.

From my experience with tri-hull boats (Troller) they were OK to a point; but the boats could not handle the big water like your AlumaCraft does.

TN Dave
MartyMcAvoy
200 series

Post by MartyMcAvoy »

Dennis Lamphier also had 1 in Green, last time i talked to him... but that has been quite awhile, couple years or more. Unfortunately, Alan has passed.
Knowledge is the Key to Success! Sharing it is Part of that Success! IN~Spoonplugger.