Air travel with Fishing gear

A place to post topics other than spoonplugging.
Koz

Air travel with Fishing gear

Post by Koz »

Anyone know if the airlines (Delta) allow a carry-on bag to be a small soft-sided tackle bag containing lures and a couple reels?
I've removed any small knives, pliers etc and will put those items in a bag inside my wife's checked golf bag.
I'm checking a rod case with some rods but don't really want to stuff lures into the tube also.
Any tips appreciated, thanks!
Fran Myers
JB1

Re: Air travel with Fishing gear

Post by Fran Myers »

You should be good.

Fran
Delta Connection Captain
Fran Myers
Koz

Post by Koz »

Thanks Fran, much appreciated!!! Looking forward to a week in Northern Minnesota and getting away from the Texas heat. 108 degrees the last time I took the Jon boat out on the ranch pond.
Kevin McClure

Post by Kevin McClure »

Dave, (Koz) It's good to here from you. My cousin lives in Plano. He's been telling me how hot it is there in Texas. I hope you have a great trip to Minnesota. If you want, you should post what lake your going to fish to get some feedback.....if that's OK with you and it's not to late. Kevin
Consigliere

Post by Consigliere »

I have had fishing lures taken from carry on at security checkpoints in the airport before. It is hit or miss for me, but it has happened. I would advise checking anything with hooks.
Koz

Post by Koz »

Thanks guys, looking forward to it. Heading to Leech lake with my spoonplugging gear this year, or at least as much as I can bring along. I'll be in the area from Wed 7/10/13 evening through the following Tuesday evening 7/17/13. If anyone would like to hookup I'm all ears and willing to learn - got a rental car and know a little about the Cass County area lakes from old memories. Drop me a PM.