Cheep Marker

Basic movements,control/tools, structure,weather/water, presentation lures, lake types, mapping, mental aspects
BV Rives

Cheep Marker

Post by BV Rives »

Duck Tape now has a BRIGHT orange color 75353 03359. Got mine at Wal Mart. My marker is a plastic jug apx 1/2 GAL in size. Duck Tape is cheep and can be seen a long way. Bob.
jwt
800 series

Re: Cheep Marker

Post by jwt »

Hey Bob,
Thanks for the tip. You know they say duck tape fixes everything! Hope all is well with you.
jwt
800 series

Post by jwt »

Picked up some of the orange at Walmart today. It's Duck brand duct tape; comes in orange, pink, yellow, and green. The 4" x 4" x 24" hunk of styrofoam, cut into 4" lengths and wrapped with the orange tape should make dandy markers.
madporra
250 series

Post by madporra »

That is great, wish they had that here is South Africa.

A friend of mine has just made a mould of the H-type marker buoy. Since I am re-building my boat deck, I will make my marker buoys with the same foam and just put orange dye in it - i can't seem to see the green and yellow ones so all mine will be orange.
Kevin McClure

Post by Kevin McClure »

I thought I might add a comment to this marker discussion. I realize when money is tight, a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do! One thing you might want to think about, is the amount of time it takes to roll up your weight on your marker. Especially if you have multiple markers strung out. I use markers called Waypoint Markers. They have a 1/4 inch tip at the end that you can stick a reversible hand drill on to bring them up. It works really fast. (Just another idea)
BV Rives

Post by BV Rives »

Hi Kevin, I would like to order some Way Point Markers, having trouble finding there address,can you help Bob
Kevin McClure

Post by Kevin McClure »

Bob, Type in Waypoint Marker in Google and it will be the top spot. www.waypointmarker.com
They sell two packages. One comes with a srewdriver and two markers and the other with just two markers. Let me know if you get them. Thanks. Kevin
BV Rives

Post by BV Rives »

Thanks Kevin, My two Way Point Markers came in the mail yesterday. The color looks good and the soft lead weights are big (heavy). The driver power 4AA batt. matches the batt. in my gps and the flashlight I keep in the boat. Can't wait to use them. Bob
Kevin McClure

Post by Kevin McClure »

Your welcome, Bob. I stumbled onto them by accident. I think I was checking out Oldham Jigs website and saw them there. Kevin
BobInIndy
400 series

Post by BobInIndy »

Link says the domain registration has expired.
Kevin McClure

Post by Kevin McClure »

This just happened. I checked it out about a week or so ago and Bob just made a purchase from them. I will call them tomorrow and let them know so they don't loose their domain. They may not know it expired. The markers work really great and as many markers as you use as a Spoonplugger, it makes it real easy to roll up the weight.
Kevin McClure

Post by Kevin McClure »

FYI: Waypointmarker.com is back online.