Water color

Basic movements,control/tools, structure,weather/water, presentation lures, lake types, mapping, mental aspects
r.david powell

Water color

Post by r.david powell »

Has anyone ever seen or fished a lake with WHITE SANDY water color.
If so how was the fishing?
Steve Craig
JB2

Re: Water color

Post by Steve Craig »

Yes I have.
The fishing was fantastic, and it still is!
In fact, it was soo good that I never went to a 100 SP. Never had to. Just stayed in the shallows all the time. this actually hurt my learning quite a bit.
Just wish i had it out here!
Religion is a guy in church, thinking about fishing.
Relationship is a guy out fishing, thinking about God!
r.david powell

Post by r.david powell »

Would you mind giving the name and location. Res. or nat. lake if res. which type.
Steve Craig
JB2

Post by Steve Craig »

West central Indiana....farm land country, mostly heavy clay soil, and a couple of good Lowlanders not too far apart. Raccoon lake and Lake Waveland.
Both white sandy color, and both very good lakes to learn on.
While I never spent much time on Waveland, as it was a new lake back when I lived there, it has turned into a very good bass lake, and according to John, one of the best in the state. It also has Musky stocked in it too. It is fairly small around 500 acres or so.
Raccoon is much bigger and alot a great structure situations in it. It was stocked with Stripers several years ago and they are getting some nice ones today.
Raccoon was my learning lake as a new Spoonplugger.
Religion is a guy in church, thinking about fishing.
Relationship is a guy out fishing, thinking about God!
BV Rives

Post by BV Rives »

Lake Cooper at Cooper,TX. is a big flatlander with white sandy color. Bob
TN Dave
100 series

Post by TN Dave »

Another white/sandy in this part of the country is Grenada Lake, Mississipi. One of Mr. Perry's favorite lakes for fall fishing. He planned his trips after the lake was drawn down to winter pool level. Don Dickson has a Spoonplugging tape made on Grenada at winter level, also.

Grenada is most notably know for Crappie...big spring catches when lake is a full pool and fish are coming in for the spawn. Usually, Doug Stange, "In-Fisherman", has a TV show every year on the lake.

TN Dave
jwt
800 series

Post by jwt »

I can still hear Buck saying, "They're called 'CRAPPIE', not 'CROPPIE' as some people think it's more sophisticated to call 'em"
GDS

Post by GDS »

Berlin Reservoir in NE Ohio is a Flat Lander with White Sandy water color. Got into some memorable schools of Smallmouth and Walleye there!
Tom Ferencic and Don Dickson went there to fish it.