fishing bass with John Bales 9-22-12

Basic movements,control/tools, structure,weather/water, presentation lures, lake types, mapping, mental aspects
brett
100 series

fishing bass with John Bales 9-22-12

Post by brett »

So check this out.

Went to fish with Johnny Bassman Bales today. We had severe cold front conditions and he chose an ultra clear deep lake to fish. And it's fall, 67 degree water temp pre-turnover water condition. What else, oh yeah, he had only fished this lake one time before today. Hmmm. Let's soak that in for a second and make a guess how we did. While you're guessing I'm going to continue soaking in the whole thing because it was quite a day.

We caught a boat load of bass.

Today opened my eyes to the potential out there for all of us to catch numbers of bass under any weather and water condition. My personal list of lakes to fish has expanded TEN fold and yours will too. With some effort and good boat control we can all do what he showed me. I'd love to a have a bunch of us out there in the late fall whackin' away at big schools of bass on lakes we'd previously never think to touch. So I hope people are listening and pay special attention to the In Your Face videos and are paying special attention to what John has been sharing about his experiences catching bass in any season. I find it amazing.

I'll be sure to share my efforts but I'll just go ahead and thank John now (Thanks John!) for any future success I have attempting to replicate the knowledge he shared.

Good luck out there.
Fran Myers
JB1

Re: fishing bass with John Bales 9-22-12

Post by Fran Myers »

I can't begin to tell you the benefit of fishing with John even for a day. I went for a few days in December last year and what I learned has changed my fishing. He tried to show me the pitching thing last month but I didn't really get it too well. Plus my brand new boat took a dump and I went home early...

I am sure you caught more fish than I did when with him. The ratio is about 10 to 1. Pitching was about 20 to 1. Even a bad day on the water with John can change your fishing. like you can't believe.
Fran Myers
brett
100 series

Post by brett »

Fran,
I was doing OKAY holding my own with John. But then I threw out a challenge to him about who would catch the next fish, etc. and that was a big mistake!

See you in Kentucky.
Fran Myers
JB1

Post by Fran Myers »

brett wrote:Fran,
I was doing OKAY holding my own with John. But then I threw out a challenge to him about who would catch the next fish, etc. and that was a big mistake!

See you in Kentucky.
I heard you did more than OK. You are getting really good, in fact you're a better Spoonplugger than I am. I really enjoy your work. John tried that mind game on me in August but I'm used to it so it didn't work. He is great but don't forget the lesson and just keep fighting and you'll do great.

Can't wait.
Fran Myers