Repost from general thread - 14' semi-v for spoonplugging???

Looking to BUY,SELL or TRADE any of your fishing equipment? Post it here.
ecs2

Repost from general thread - 14' semi-v for spoonplugging???

Post by ecs2 »

I originally posted this in the general thread, but in hindsight I wondered if I should have posted it here.

I was wondering if I could get some boat advice.

My budget for a starter boat is prety low - about $1500-$2000 range.

I found a 14' semi-v hull sea nymph with a late model (2006) 8hp nissan engine. Has a 48" beam. Pretty well outfitted - trailer. trolling motor, 2 fishing seats, and some other minor features like anchor winch, rod holders, etc. No live well. Asking price $1450, which I though was pretty good considering the resale value of the late model outboard.

Will a 8hp do the job as a 'learning boat'. Obviously it woudn't be for jumping from spot to spot across the lake. The idea would be to work the structure in the immediate area where I put in.

Seems like it might fit the bill but I have concerns about stability - is a semi-v with 48" beam desirable for spoonplugging. Will be used primarily on large Tennessee Valley Reservoirs which do have a good bit of traffice on the weekends, including wakeboats, etc. Thoughts?
John Bales
JB2

Re: Repost from general thread - 14' semi-v for spoonpluggin

Post by John Bales »

Just my opinion but this rig doesnt sound like it would be quite big enough for the river system you will be fishing. That can be a rough place and safety has to be considered . It sounds like the perfect boat for smaller waters though. I would keep looking for something a bit larger for those waters. John