Kiwiat on my way home for Vacation

A place to post topics other than spoonplugging.
The Fisherman

Kiwiat on my way home for Vacation

Post by The Fisherman »

Hey guys,

I have recieved a few thankyou emails from some of you. I just want to say thank you all as well. I may happen to be deployed to Afghanistan and what not, but all of you are why we do it. So that our freinds and loved ones at home can go fishing, hold their kids at night, and grill out on Veterans Day. So the best thank you anyone can give to a soldier is living like an American. Be happy, care free(as much as possible) and enjoy the fact that you can be free. On another note, I am on my way back to Alaska to see my wife and my two dogs. I won't be able to fish but I will be able to see some ice and snow. I am currently in Kiwait, awaiting my flight back to the US. I will have 15 days to spend with Katie and then back to the shit hole they call Afghanistan...ya!

Sincerly,

Joshua Douglas Travis
U.S. Army BOMB SQUAD
Steve Craig
JB2

Re: Kiwiat on my way home for Vacation

Post by Steve Craig »

Thank you Josh!

Have fun with all your "stuff" when you get home.

On a side note, I just read in one of the old Spoonplugger newsletters from 1999 about a 10 year old "kid" from Georgia catching his first 10+ pound bass with his Dad.
The Dad's name was Doug Travis! Hehehe!
Religion is a guy in church, thinking about fishing.
Relationship is a guy out fishing, thinking about God!
jwt
800 series

Post by jwt »

Thanks Josh. We appreciate your service. Safe trip and enjoy you time with your wife.
The Fisherman

Post by The Fisherman »

thanks again guys,

I am back at home now and having a great time with the wife. Been doing some preshopping on boats for when I get home, they have an amazing selection of boats in AK that spoonpluggers would die for. Custom built "guide boats" that are not john boats but they are perfect. Anyway, a special thanks for what was done for me and my family at the Jamboree. I had no idea and for those of you who know what I am talking about, Thank You so much.

Josh

PS Steve...the kid hummmm....rings a bell. It was 10.1 LBS and still the biggest I've landed. Beat the old man by .26lbs was in shock for a couple of days.
jwt
800 series

Post by jwt »

WELCOME HOME Fisherman! Enjoy your new toys, errr um that is tools.
John Bales
JB2

Post by John Bales »

Josh, Just a short note about one spoonplugger. James Taylor.......... He won a 200 dollar navionics chip that he could have used in his depth finder. When the time came for giving for a good cause, I saw Jim hesitate for just one moment. Do I keep it or do I give it to the kid for a great cause? He gave!!!!!!!!!! That says a lot for Jim and this is the way that most spoonpluggers are. That's why it's such a good time to hang around them. Thank you Josh for what you do for us. John
BV Rives

Post by BV Rives »

John, Jim has not changed he and Sally are good people. Bob
The Fisherman

Post by The Fisherman »

Well thank you very much to everyone that did this for me! I cannot begin to express my full gratitude and pure thankfullness to those of you that thought of me. I am SO EXCITED to get on the water but that will have to wait for another six months due to the ice on here in AK. Now I do still have a little issue that needs to be addressed...when are you guys coming to Alaska. I got Fran to bite and think him and I are going to get a trip planned. I would really love to have some spoonpluggers up here before I leave and go back to the lower fourty eight. We have this coming summer and the next one. I will be getting my new boat for summer if all works out good and it will be suitable for trips in salt water for halibut, silver and king salmon, as well as the ling cod which are just plain mean. So its still a good ways out but hope to see you all here. Thanks again guys for your thoughts and prayers, I look forward to seeing all of you at the 13' Jamboree!!!! and I'll have room for three in my boat if you cant bring yours. Enjoy the water while you can, ol' man winters a setin in!

josh
The Fisherman

Post by The Fisherman »

I'M A DAMN FAT KID IN A CANDY STORE, OR A THREE YEAR OLD ON CHRISTMAS!!! Thank you all who were so kind to me, and when I get back from Afghanistan there will be some salmon and halibut murders going on in Alaska!!!

Josh
Steve Craig
JB2

Post by Steve Craig »

Josh,
Watch your top knot when over there and take care. Not only will we murder some fish, but we will put the hammer on a Lynx or two, and a Wolf as well.
Looking forward to meeting you there when you get home again.
Steve
Religion is a guy in church, thinking about fishing.
Relationship is a guy out fishing, thinking about God!