a question

Basic movements,control/tools, structure,weather/water, presentation lures, lake types, mapping, mental aspects
John Bales
JB2

Re: a question

Post by John Bales »

Great stuff guys. All fishing successes and failures must be answered in terms of depth and speed control. When you make a great catch it is because you did a good job of controling your depth and speed.......... period! When you do not make a catch, you would have to say that either our depth control was off or our speed was off or both. Another way to look at it is did I fail to carry my depth control deep enough? Many times this may be the case. Maybe we should have went to the cast. Maybe we should have cranked up the speed more. Or go a little slower or a little of both. One of my favorites was to think that maybe I am just not good enough or dont know quite enough at this particular time in my fishing. A lot of effects of a bad condition can be taken care of by checking out the deeper structure situations or by going to the cast. In both situations, you had better know where to do it! Like the guys said, an experienced spoonplugger understands when he runs into a condition that would whoop most anyone. John Dan Luley and myself got 54 bass today with a 5lb being the biggest. Still a lot of fish on the inside weedline very shallow. Jig fishing along the inside edge did it today. Mostly small fish but lots of fun.