weather question

Basic movements,control/tools, structure,weather/water, presentation lures, lake types, mapping, mental aspects
kurt42

weather question

Post by kurt42 »

had a cold front come through a week ago and since then the temp. has been steady but the sky is still a washed out blue, should i look at it as a light issue and figure the fish are deep or since the weather has been stable think of the fish moving on a normal movement, thanks kurt
Fran Myers
JB1

Re: weather question

Post by Fran Myers »

Thing about the weather is that farther you are from the original day the cold front passes the better you are. Remember that the stronger the front, the clearer the water, the longer the recovery time. So I would say that the answer to both your questions is "Yes".

I would expect some fish to come shallow but not that many but if they aren't there then you must go deeper.

Where in Ft Worth are you? I am looking for a Texas connection for winter escapes.

Fran
Fran Myers
Duplex

Post by Duplex »

Kurt,

The only way to be certain of the effects of the weather is to go fishing. Many times you'll be surprised by what you find i.e., you think it's a great weather condition but have limited success; you think the conditions are lousy and you stick 'em.

Go fishing, then you can determine what the weather situation is/was. Everything else is pure conjecture. You can't catch fish unless you're on the water, regardless of what the weather is. To paraphrase Buck, some of the most satisfying catches come under the most difficult conditions.

Jim
DouglasBush

Post by DouglasBush »

Buck said once,laughingly, "you gotta be miserable to catch any fish"
(when speaking of weather)
Regards,
Me