900 - Spoonplug.. Nickel- For sale

Looking to BUY,SELL or TRADE any of your fishing equipment? Post it here.
JBidinger

900 - Spoonplug.. Nickel- For sale

Post by JBidinger »

A Buck Perry 900 Nickel spoonplug in the original bag Buck put it in, back in 1988. We made a visit to the plant. This has never been out of the Bag.. 900's were made for Walleye deep and Slow... The 900 has a 800 lip and a 700 body.. was produced in limited quaities.. I have never seen another in this condition and circumstances. This is a great collectors item.. You will never see another like this lure... $450.00 Have pictures if really interested.. John Bales has seen this lure and held, he can verify.. Will entertain offers.
Jim jzbid@comcast.net (517) 936-9999
Last edited by JBidinger on Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John Bales
JB2

Re: 900 - Spoonplug.. Nickel- For sale

Post by John Bales »

Jim wanted me to try and post his pic...... John
Attachments
spoonplug 001.JPG
spoonplug 001.JPG (318.54 KiB) Viewed 2921 times
spnplgr

Post by spnplgr »

Nice lure! Mr. Perry gave me one many years ago. Mine is copper, autographed by Mr Perry and is still in the original Spoonplug hanging display package that has the clear, hard plastic cover.

In those days, we complained to Mr. Perry about being unable to catch those 13's - 17's in Florida. Mr. Perry made three Spoonplugs for large Florida bass. The Spoonplugs were about 12 inches long. He said those really large bass wanted a mouthful and would not usually hit the 700 or 800 because they were too small. He gave two of the lures to Frank Hamill and kept one for himself. A few years ago, I asked Frank if he had used them and he said no, and that he never would use them.

Good fishing
JBidinger

Post by JBidinger »

Bump.
John Bales
JB2

Post by John Bales »

A couple of months ago, Ted Walter told me that he had put together his 180th newsletter. That is 15 years worth of effort. Those of you that get our newsletter know that Teddy does a great job of keeping us together. While at that meeting, Ted got a phone call and while he was away, I suggested we do something special for his efforts. A call was made to Scott Jenkins and after some conversation with him, he told me that he had three special rod blanks that Mr. Perry had turned over 50 years ago. He suggested that he put all three together and the one that turned out the best would be Teddy's. I presented it to Ted at the next meeting and we all think that he loved the idea. This past monday we had a meeting and at the end of the meeting, he stopped everyone and presented Denny Coulardot and myself the other two rods. All three rods were a light clear green which was the natural color. They were left that way on purpose with only the guides clear coated. It is a thing of beauty, let me tell you. And mine will never see a reel on it. Will just look at it and apreciate what it stands for and hand it down to my children. I took a pic of it to show you guys but when I went to plug in the camera into the computer, I shoved the whole contraption into the inside of the computer. Guess my boy will have to fix it when I take him fishing sunday. I got a pic of the rod and some of my precious spoonplugs signed by Mr. Perry and one of the saltwater spoonplugs with a single hook in a box. John
Steve Craig
JB2

Post by Steve Craig »

WOW!.......
What a nice gift idea and a pretty good surprise!
Religion is a guy in church, thinking about fishing.
Relationship is a guy out fishing, thinking about God!
MartyMcAvoy
200 series

Post by MartyMcAvoy »

Nice 901! I am hoping that $450. is a typo... rare, they are... but not that rare. Good Luck
Knowledge is the Key to Success! Sharing it is Part of that Success! IN~Spoonplugger.
JBidinger

Post by JBidinger »

Hey Marty , Make me an offer?
Kind regards Jim
MartyMcAvoy
200 series

Post by MartyMcAvoy »

OK, I'll send U a pm...
Knowledge is the Key to Success! Sharing it is Part of that Success! IN~Spoonplugger.