Buddies

Looking to BUY,SELL or TRADE any of your fishing equipment? Post it here.
John Bales
JB2

Buddies

Post by John Bales »

Hi Guys, Just got back from Zaborney's outing. What a blast. The guys that went to the detroit river got in on the end of the white bass run. They caught em till their arms could take no more.
Brent Robbins from the Grand Rapids club and I are working on some new silver buddies and are going to have them available very soon. I have 25 prototypes hooked and ringed that are not perfect but are close for $3.50 each. They are one ounce 3 1/4 inches long and have split rings and #4 eagle claw lazer sharp hooks. You need to give me a call if you want some because my computer will be down as soon as I write this. 260-854-3921 We have a new style in the works and we tested them this weekend and they are awesome. They will come in two sizes and several weights for each size and will be a very quality built jump type lure. Brent is finishing up on the finer details and we should be pouring them shortly. The price will be a bit more salty on the newer model due to our investments. The blades will be made of stainless and they are thinner than the normal so they really have a good vibration. Denny tried the one ounce on Johns pond and liked it so well, he said I wasnt going to get it back. Hopefully we will have these available soon. Thanks John
Jim Shell
Site Admin

Re: Buddies

Post by Jim Shell »

NEW 3-1/4"L Silver buddie!!

I recieved teh following message from John Bales:

Hi Jim, Brent Robbins went in with me and we have a new designed silver buddy. It is 3 1/4 inches long and we are planning on making them in several weights. 3/8,5/8,3/4 and 1 ounce. We will have a smaller one soon also in several weights. They are all polished stainless and the design allows even the heavy one ounce to vibrate with just a short movement of the rod for the slower speeds. The first few batches have been lazer cut which is expensive. We are working on cutting our own in the near future. At the moment I have 50 of the 5/8 ounce on the 3 1/4 inch blade. I am asking 5 bucks per lure and shipping will be about the same. Here is a pic of the first pour.
I have some other one ounce that were prototypes for $3.50......... Not quite as perfect as the newer model but will work just fine. Thanks Jim

Any one interested, please contact John.
Attachments
buddie 3.JPG
buddie 3.JPG (189.64 KiB) Viewed 1038 times
“The day you become selfish in your fishing is the day your fishing growth stops” – Buck Perry
https://www.youtube.com/user/spnplg1
spoonpluggergino
200 series

Post by spoonpluggergino »

John

I am Interested in the one ounce silver buddys if they have heavy enough hooks I like to use them for muskie fishing I would like to order 10
spoonpluggergino

Illinois spoonplugger club
My cell 847-417-3867

Gino T
Gary Schiffner

Post by Gary Schiffner »

John,

Send some info on the Buddies, I definitely want to get some. I have some hungry Rock fish that are
wasting away!

Thanks,