Flasher Help

Basic movements,control/tools, structure,weather/water, presentation lures, lake types, mapping, mental aspects
Bink
800 series

Flasher Help

Post by Bink »

What kind of flasher are you guys running?

Anyone use Marcum flashers?
http://www.marcumtech.com/products/prod ... ProdCat1=1

Anyone know where to find transducers for lowrance/hummingbird flashers?

I have always used lowrance/hummingbirds But Im having trouble finding good transducers for my old units. I was wondering if anyone is using marcum/vex or any other new flasher.

Thanks
Bink
John Bales
JB2

flashers

Post by John Bales »

I was in the boat with Fran Myers last summer for a few days and he uses a vexilar flasher. I saw nothing wrong with this setup. Vexilar also allows you to pick the degree of transducer for the model that you buy and also allows use of a switch to go from one angle to another. One for shallow water and one for deep water. I was thinking of getting one for myself for next year. John
Fran Myers
JB1

Post by Fran Myers »

The website is www.vexilar.com
I have 2 of them and have used them for years. I love them
Fran Myers
Bink
800 series

Re: flashers

Post by Bink »

John Bales wrote:I was in the boat with Fran Myers last summer for a few days and he uses a vexilar flasher. I saw nothing wrong with this setup. Vexilar also allows you to pick the degree of transducer for the model that you buy and also allows use of a switch to go from one angle to another. One for shallow water and one for deep water. I was thinking of getting one for myself for next year. John
Fran Myers wrote:The website is www.vexilar.com
I have 2 of them and have used them for years. I love them

Thanks for the info guys.What model do you guys like? I will keep my eyes open maybe find a deal on one after the holidays.
Fran Myers
JB1

Vexilar

Post by Fran Myers »

I have two boats.
On the big boat I have an FL-18 with a dual cone transducer.
On my john boat I have an FL-12 with the single 16 degree transducer.

John and I disagree about the dual cone transducer. I don't think it's necessary and he thinks it's worth the extra money. Having used it, I am not certain I would do the dual cone again.

Now I am thinking of upgrading my FL-18 to an FL-20 because I like the updated display better. The FL-12 is their basic unit which works awesome. Most of the features on the FL-18/20 aren't really that important. And the FL-12 unit of about half the cost of the 20.

When going to Vexilar site look in the products section and the Factory Reconditioned Units. They are mostly just returns and the one on my john boat is one of these. It works great, plus it gets the warranty.

There are some interesting video's too.

Merry Christmas
Fran Myers
phillip szafranski
200 series

Post by phillip szafranski »

Bink,

Attempting to locate transducers for older flasher units is quiet difficult. I decided to purchase a couple of real time dash mounts from the hummingbird organization and simply mounted the component into the shell of the older flasher, once I gutted out the internal components and cut an opening on the front dial. You want to make sure the unit will fit into the old shell before beginning the process. I was able to purchase these in dash units for approximately 100 dollars each.

Good luck in your pursuit!
Phil