Spoonplug casting rod

Basic movements,control/tools, structure,weather/water, presentation lures, lake types, mapping, mental aspects
indianabass
250 series

Spoonplug casting rod

Post by indianabass »

What makes a good spoonplug casting rod? Should I be looking for a crankbait model?

Andy
Last edited by indianabass on Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
MartyMcAvoy
200 series

Casting Rod

Post by MartyMcAvoy »

Hello Andy! I prefer the Control of a Baitcaster....not to say that it can't be done w/a Spincaster...just considering the abilities of each. Refer to the Book, page 88, Tools: the 1st considerations Length, Degree of Stiffness, (Action), & Durability. The Action should be Heavy, to able to handle all phases of fishing & many uses it be called upon to do. & Allow Control of the Fish as well as the fishing. When casting, strive to get the Spoonplug to for lack of a better term, Sail or fly backwards, as the same characteristics that make it perform in the water, affect it as it goes thru the air...U will see it, Take Off! It must Not Tumble, as it will entangle the hooks in the line, this wasting your cast, & precious time! Also, once it is in the water, it still must not tumble as it sinks. I feel all of this is easier to handle w/a Baitcaster, so 1 is not fumbling w/a bail, or excess line, or maybe I am just not a Spincast Fan! Hope this is helpful, & did not stray too far off subject...Marty
Knowledge is the Key to Success! Sharing it is Part of that Success! IN~Spoonplugger.