Livescope

Basic movements,control/tools, structure,weather/water, presentation lures, lake types, mapping, mental aspects
John Bales
JB2

Livescope

Post by John Bales »

Have had the livescope nearly a year. Still learning and what an amazing tool for getting answers quickly, understanding seasonal movements for all the species. The best information I have gotten so far is Mr. Perry got it all right, without this kind of help. There are still days where I cannot catch a fish or at least not many, no matter what is done. But the livescope shows that too. What it doesn't show is important on those days. You just do not see much. After some thought and lots of days on the water, I have come up with the fact that when fish are not active, no sonar of any kind will show much. When the fish are not there or belly to the bottom, that dead spot where sonar cannot separate the fish from the bottom comes into play and you just know it is going to be tough. The good thing about this is that you can see it pretty quick. Just as soon as the fish become active, you start to see them and are able to catch some of them. Before now, we have only been able to dream (visualize) in our mind what it may look like. Now it can be seen in real time. This tool is only good when casting which is a big part of my season. In the past, when looking for the crappie on the depth finder, you would have to run over them and then decide if there were enough of them to take up an anchoring position and hope your cast lands close enough to catch them. With the livescope, in five seconds, you can scan all the way around the boat and know exactly where to make your cast. You still have to do your normal presentation of lures but this thing surely shortens the time it takes to put you into position to catch a fish. The whole picture of what you see cannot be totally understood unless you have good spoonplugging knowledge. It can become a problem if you let it. If you use it in conjunction with the mechanics of controlling depths and speeds, it becomes knowledge. John
Harold Standish
400 series

Re: Livescope

Post by Harold Standish »

Right on. Finally after sixty or seventy years technology has caught up with mr. Perry what he learned and figured out so many years ago and now be proven with the current technology he was an amazing man for sure
ltharley
100 series

Post by ltharley »

Thanks for the write ups on LiveScope. Really appreciate your insights.
I just received my LVS 34. Will be working on the install. Hope to get it done today and get out in the next few to figure out settings and the such.
Dennis
Harold Standish
400 series

Post by Harold Standish »

John Bales wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:39 am The best information I have gotten so far is Mr. Perry got it all right, without this kind of help. There are still days where I cannot catch a fish or at least not many, no matter what is done. But the livescope shows that too. What it doesn't show is important on those days. You just do not see much. After some thought and lots of days on the water, I have come up with the fact that when fish are not active, no sonar of any kind will show much. When the fish are not there or belly to the bottom, that dead spot where sonar cannot separate the fish from the bottom comes into play and you just know it is going to be tough. The good thing about this is that you can see it pretty quick. Just as soon as the fish become active, you start to see them and are able to catch some of them. Before now, we have only been able to dream (visualize) in our mind what it may look like. Now it can be seen in real time. This tool is only good when casting which is a big part of my season. In the past, when looking for the crappie on the depth finder, you would have to run over them and then decide if there were enough of them to take up an anchoring position and hope your cast lands close enough to catch them. With the livescope, in five seconds, you can scan all the way around the boat and know exactly where to make your cast. You still have to do your normal presentation of lures but this thing surely shortens the time it takes to put you into position to catch a fish. The whole picture of what you see cannot be totally understood unless you have good spoonplugging knowledge. It can become a problem if you let it. If you use it in conjunction with the mechanics of controlling depths and speeds, it becomes knowledge. John
I have no experience on man made water all my spoonplugging is done on natural lkes with deep weed lines 20..24 fow in most cases. As JB mentioned fish that are tight to bottom are going to be very tough catch. I cannot prove it yet but when the thermoclines set up usually late May early June the real time live scopes will shine. The technology is a fine tool that validated Mr Perrys theorys and findings from before i was born. I am 72. Amazingly Buck did that with his rented tinnie boat and a 5 hp motor and his brillantly concieved lil Spoonplug..
Hal